PDA

View Full Version : iMac G4 Logic Board Needed

Meh 626
23rd November 2007, 07:55 PM
Hi,

I have an iMac G4 which doesn’t turn on at all, does nothing, no chimes, no life. I originally thought it was a Power Supply problem until I replaced the PS. Now I'm in need of an iMac G4 800 MHz 17” Logic Board. If anyone has one or knows were to get one I would greatly appreciate if you could let me know.

Thanks,

Meh 626 :)

stewiesno1
23rd November 2007, 08:03 PM
Logic boards going in the iMac G4 series are probably the most common malady. Your best bet is probably ebay US. Apple charges a fortune for them as you probably know.

Stewie

Meh 626
23rd November 2007, 08:05 PM
Thanks for Suggestion, I supose the correct one will turn up!

:)

kim jong il
23rd November 2007, 08:09 PM
Can you give us some history on the problem? Did you try to start it up one morning and got nothing? What actually happened?

Meh 626
23rd November 2007, 08:48 PM
Can you give us some history on the problem? Did you try to start it up one morning and got nothing? What actually happened?

I got the iMac from a friend that knew it didn't work to see if I could fix it. Sometimes it turned on the rest of the times it made a ticking sound which was from the PS. I was testing the PS and accidentally arched it causing the PS and Logic Board to die (unknowingly). I replaced the PS with a new one unknowing it still wouldn't work.

That is it.

Thanks