PDA

View Full Version : Mailing POP3 to MSN in Mail

DavyG
23rd November 2007, 03:54 PM
Is it possible to email POP3 emails to MSN webmail? I'm doing this to send a card from Mail to a MSN user.

Thanks in advance

Huy
23rd November 2007, 04:07 PM
I'm not sure if I understand your question.

Are you trying to retrieve mail from a POP3 server?

You can email anything you want, to anybody?
Just forward/send the email to him?

Brains
23rd November 2007, 04:17 PM
A Windows Live Mail e-mail address -- to use its proper new name -- is just like any other e-mail address; you can send to blahblah@hotmail.com with Apple Mail, Eudora, Thunderbird, Outlook, whatever. You just can't retrieve e-mail from a Windows Live Mail address via POP3 unless you pay for the privilege, or use an after-market tool (such as Mail Forward) to transfer your mail to a POP3 or IMAP capable e-mail system.

B.

DavyG
23rd November 2007, 04:33 PM
I'm trying to send an email to a MSN webmail box from a POP3 server. Is it possible?
EDIT: Nevermind. Problem solved. Thanks.

Huy
23rd November 2007, 04:39 PM
I don't really see what was stopping you from doing that?

scokim
23rd November 2007, 04:45 PM
A Windows Live Mail e-mail address -- to use its proper new name -- is just like any other e-mail address; you can send to blahblah@hotmail.com with Apple Mail, Eudora, Thunderbird, Outlook, whatever. You just can't retrieve e-mail from a Windows Live Mail address via POP3 unless you pay for the privilege, or use an after-market tool (such as Mail Forward) to transfer your mail to a POP3 or IMAP capable e-mail system.

B.

I thought that you could retrieve msn mail directly by using the httpmail plugin for the Mail app ?
I'm doing it with my hotmail account.

Huy
23rd November 2007, 04:52 PM
You can do that too scokim. Just not on Leopard yet.