PDA

View Full Version : Syncing Palm to Entourage

harps
1st March 2005, 10:22 AM
I've recently converted from the dark side and everything is going well, except for syncing with my palm tungsten. Syncs perfectly to iCal, Address Book, Docs to Go, etc however I can't get it to sync with Entourage without changing settings so handheld overides mac.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem and if so is their any solutions?
Apple can't help me as 3rd party program.

sikosis
1st March 2005, 11:52 AM
I just got my iMac the other week ... I haven't hooked up my Palm T yet, but that's one thing I'm hoping to do next week. I'll be in the same boat as you so, I might sus it.

luke_in_tas
1st March 2005, 05:00 PM
By default you can't use iSync with Entourage. Instead you have to use the Entourage conduit with the Palm HotSync manager.

If you are using MS Office 2004 have a look inside the "Additional Tools" folder inside the "Microsoft Office 2004" folder (in your "Applications" folder). There you should find a program called "Handheld Sync Installer". Running this will install the Entourage conduit. NOTE: installing this will remove the Palm conduit in iSync.

If you are using an older version of office you might have to look elsewhere for the conduit installer. I think it was on the Office CD-ROM, but I can't remember if this is definitely the case, or where exactly it is located.

Another option is a program called e2Sync. Have a look at: http://www.e2sync.com/. I haven't tried it, but it claims to be a program that will make Entourage work with iSync and therefore will synchronise it with any other iSync compatible device.

harps
2nd March 2005, 06:44 AM
Thanks Luke. I did instal the "Handheld Sync Installer" program when first setting up and initially the sync function worked and then it didn't, coming up with a conflict error. I had to disable the palm PIM condults to fix this problem but now it doesn't sync with Entourage unless I do the overide. It still syncs with iCal, Address Book, and everything else. Just not Entourage.
Thanks for the suggestion to look at e2sync. I'll have a look at and see what happens.

MacNut
2nd March 2005, 06:56 AM
Hi Harps,

You need to remove the palm from iSync. Highlight the palm in iSync, go to devices and click on "Remove device". That will stop any conflicts

harps
2nd March 2005, 07:02 AM
Hi MacNut,
Sorry if sound stuipd but if I remove the palm from iSync, will this mean that my palm will no longer sync with iCal & Address Book? Not a big issue if Entourage is working correctly, but it does provide comfort considering current problems are having.
And if I do this should I also then reactivate the palm PIM settings in palm condult settings so will then work?
Or should I totally remove the palm PIM to ensure no other conflicts occur.

MacNut
2nd March 2005, 07:28 AM
Yes it would mean that it would only work with Entourage. Ifound this to work well but was a little annoyed that I could not do the same with iCal and Address Book. Unfortunately there does not seem to be a way we can sync with both. <_<

MacNut
2nd March 2005, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by harps@Mar 2 2005, 07:02 AM

And if I do this should I also then reactivate the palm PIM settings in palm condult settings so will then work?
Or should I totally remove the palm PIM to ensure no other conflicts occur.
When you hit the sync button on you palm or dock it will make the palm palm override Entourage the first time and then it will sync after that. You don&#39;t have to do anything else

sikosis
11th March 2005, 08:11 AM
Here&#39;s an app that seems to do what you want ...

e2Sync
It allows iSync to see Entourage as an iSync compatible device. It allows iSync to sync Entourage Contacts, Tasks & Calendar entries. In the future it will do even more.

http://www.e2sync.com/index.html

harps
16th March 2005, 11:26 AM
Thanks for all your help.
Over the weekend I reinstalled Entourage Handheld Sync Installer, removing palm from iSync and removed all condults that pointed to iCal & Address Book. Palm is now happly syncing with Entourage with no problems occuring. It is also syncing allot quicker than it ever did with iCal & Address Book with no conflict problems.