PDA

View Full Version : Middle click with third party mouse

aeon
21st November 2007, 07:46 PM
Hi all, i've got a logitech mx700 mouse that I use on my Macbook Pro, running leopard, is there any way to get the middle button to do specific stuff?

In particular I'd like to map the middle mouse button to open a new tab in firefox & safari, at the moment, when clicking with the middle mouse button on links it just acts as normal click, or if i click on text, it highlights the whole word.... so it definitely understands the click, but how do I make it do what I want?

The Architect.mac
21st November 2007, 07:55 PM
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/8154

Maybe Logitech Control Centre could help...

MrJesseRoss
21st November 2007, 07:55 PM
Have you checked the mouse settings in system preferences?

ClockWork
21st November 2007, 08:03 PM
As Half Goon has suggested, have you tried customizing the middle button in the: Dashboard & Exposť System Preference - under: Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts ?

aeon
21st November 2007, 11:06 PM
Couldn't find anything in the default Mac OS X settings... but I did end up installing the Logitech Control Centre, and that let me do it!

kuchiki
22nd November 2007, 02:45 AM
the Logitech Control Center does get mixed reviews.
with my vx revolution it caused random kernel panics.
I can recommend steermouse which is a generic usb driver software that maps mouse buttons very nicely.

Currawong
22nd November 2007, 09:11 AM
USB Overdrive also will do a good job of setting the buttons on your mouse. I'm using it for an unsupported Logitech G9.

aeon
24th November 2007, 02:41 PM
the Logitech Control Center does get mixed reviews.
with my vx revolution it caused random kernel panics.
I can recommend steermouse which is a generic usb driver software that maps mouse buttons very nicely.

Well I've had two kernel panics since installing the Control Center, so I'm guessing that's related, have uninstalled the LCC, might try one of the other solutions.