PDA

View Full Version : ibook battery life listed as zero?

penumbra
18th November 2007, 08:53 PM
I was just wondering whether there was an error in istat over the ibook g4 battery life. Istat is now suddenly registering my battery health as 0% and the last time i checked it about a week ago it was over 80%.

Could this be an error in istat pro, a failing battery or something to do with leopard?

Byrd
18th November 2007, 09:25 PM
Hi penumbra (welcome) :)

Is the battery detected under System Preferences --> Energy Saver? I'd also try recalibrating your battery - run it off battery and ignore any messages until it dies. Then recharge to full, and repeat process once more.

JB

penumbra
18th November 2007, 10:38 PM
yes it is detected there. i recharged to full overnight (and the light kept waking me up. unplugged when charged). then when i attempted to turn it on this morning there was no battery life in it. i've plugged it into the mains and charged it again. now its working fine. strange.

even though fully charged istat pro still says cycles as zero and health as zero, but that i have charge in the battery. i'm leaning towards thinking that istat has gone a little crazy seeing as there seems to be nothing wrong with the battery now (something maybe went a little crazy on shutdown last night). i have reinstalled istat pro and it is still saying zero.

could it be something to do with me running leopard?

Byrd
19th November 2007, 06:55 AM
Hrm. It might be worth mentioning this in the iStat section of this forum (coded by member iSlayer).

Is your battery one of those than can be replaced through Apple's exhange program?

https://support.apple.com/ibook_powerbook/batteryexchange/

JB