PDA

View Full Version : attaching pages doc to email

greatgonzo
15th November 2007, 08:57 PM
Hi,
got my macbook yesterday - loving it!

I wrote a pages doc and i want to attach this to yahoo email but it won't allow the process. Does anyone know if this is possible, and how?

Thanks

greatgonzo

lurka
15th November 2007, 09:05 PM
Gonzo,

Click on the file menu and select EXPORT. then choose PDF, save it on ya desktop and then attach it the usual way and ya done

Lurka

Kuma
15th November 2007, 09:08 PM
thats doing it the difficult way...

choose print
PDF
pdf to mail

and bingo... pdf attaches inside new email to send....

lurka
15th November 2007, 09:17 PM
lol, thats the way I do it , but he wanted to use yahoodle mail

Kuma
15th November 2007, 09:39 PM
ahh.. I spose I should have read that yahoo bit... good point...

eating humble pie (again)

nard
15th November 2007, 10:06 PM
greatgonzo, assuming that you do in fact want to attach a Pages file to an email message (say, for example, to allow someone else with Pages to edit it) then you will need to compress it first using an application like Stuffit or the compression built in to OS X.

This goes for all email applications whether web based or otherwise because Pages files are in fact directories containing XML based packages and email cannot attach an entire directory.

Refer: http://forums.mactalk.com.au/showpost.php?p=338952&postcount=15

Huy
15th November 2007, 10:11 PM
Yeah compress it and it'll be fine once you've zipped it up (or .sit, .sitx etc).

greatgonzo
16th November 2007, 07:04 AM
Thanks all,
i can now understand why it can't be done. Problem is, i want to edit the doc at work, and have read only reader there.

trying to avoid Microsoft as much as possible, and haven't yet been able to set up email through mail.

once again, thanks all,

greatgonzo