PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled Application

Lucas
26th February 2005, 10:01 PM
Hi guys

I get a D in googling because I was unable to find how to schedule an application to open at a specific time. I need Azureus to open at 2 in the morning as it doesn't count towards my cable cap. If its possible to also close the specific program at a specific time too that would be even better.

I know some wiz on here will know how.

Thanks in advance

yinyang
26th February 2005, 10:23 PM
i thought for the optus free time, any data in between the hours of 2-8/9 was not counted, except it's 1am in brisbane.

btw i'm assuming you're talking about the optus free time on cable lucas!!

notb4dinner
26th February 2005, 10:26 PM
Have you looked at the SpeedScheduler (http://students.cs.byu.edu/~djsmith/azureus/) plugin for Azureus?

Alessiman
26th February 2005, 10:35 PM
I use CronX with Azureus and works a treat

Love it, love it!

and my free time is Midnight to 8.00am :-)

bullrout
27th February 2005, 06:47 AM
You can use iCal.

Currawong
27th February 2005, 10:31 AM
How can you use iCal to schedule an application startup?

Lucas
28th February 2005, 05:09 PM
Thanks guys- I just read the posts - Funny thing was I forgot I posted here so I set my alarm and woke up at 2am to turn it on and then turned it off at 8am which I now realise was too late. I went over the 12 gig (and yes I am on optus cable) It's soooo slow atm. Thank god its February :) . I NEED my torrents.

pipsqeek
28th February 2005, 11:41 PM
You can get iCal to open a file. But I've never heard of it opening an application.

Technically, by opening a file, it is also opening the application used with that file.... so that might be what you meant.

pipsqeek

gmask1
28th February 2005, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Alessiman@Feb 26 2005, 10:35 PM
I use CronX with Azureus and works a treat

Love it, love it!

and my free time is Midnight to 8.00am :-)
CronX was a pioneer in online gaming! No wait, that was ChronX. Heh, go figure.

Is there a homepage for CronX - I can't seem to find anything in google...

TAK
1st March 2005, 09:38 AM
I have tried many 'cron' emulators for OSX, and I like CronniX the best. I set it to start up certain programs in the morning so that when I wake up I can take one glance at my comp screen to see if there is anythign new :).

bullrout
1st March 2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Currawong@Feb 27 2005, 10:31 AM
How can you use iCal to schedule an application startup?
When you select an alarm, choose open file, then find the App. & select it.

bullrout
1st March 2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by pipsqeek@Feb 28 2005, 11:41 PM
You can get iCal to open a file. But I've never heard of it opening an application.

Technically, by opening a file, it is also opening the application used with that file.... so that might be what you meant.

pipsqeek
Why don't you just try it.

suryo
1st March 2005, 06:20 PM
Hey that's pretty cool. I didn't know iCal could do that!

Anyone know if you can use iCal to schedule things in the root account? I'm thinking this could be handy for automating a few things on a multi-user system.

elvis
5th March 2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by notb4dinner@Feb 26 2005, 10:26 PM
Have you looked at the SpeedScheduler (http://students.cs.byu.edu/~djsmith/azureus/) plugin for Azureus?
I use this one too. I set my up/downloads to 1KB/s from 8AM to midnight (peak time for us iiNet'ers) and then full speed at other times (offpeak). Works a treat.

I tried various different cron jobs, and nothing really suited my needs (killing the App was a bit painful to do cleanly). SpeedScheduler "just worked".

Alessiman
5th March 2005, 05:52 PM
Cronnix

Great little and FREE app

http://h5197.serverkompetenz.net/cronnix/

muremure
22nd July 2005, 11:13 PM
hi, Guys

I am a newbee, so I would like to ask some question regards speedscheduler.

I am using speedscheudler for my Azureus in OSX, but I am having trouble to do some test to use scheduler to start and stop my download in my iinet offpeak hour(12-6 am).

Could anyone advise some setting tips?
I am just very confuesed by this application.

BTW, I use to use OSXs' scheduler to startup and shut down my Mac, when it start up I set it to start Azeures as well.
It start alright but sometimes it cannot shut down due to have problem in stopping Azureus process.

Thanks your helps in advance.

pipsqeek
23rd July 2005, 01:15 PM
I'd like to correct myself, you can open apps in iCal.

pipsqeek :thumbup: