PDA

View Full Version : Slideshow

melted.marsbar
9th November 2007, 10:11 PM
Happy Weekend Everyone :)

On Sunday night, I have to take my Mac to a function and use it for a photo presentation. I have been looking at PhotoPresenter (http://www.arizona-software.ch/photopresenter/) because it has the COOLEST transitions EVER!

Only problem is, it has that terrible "shareware message" on it. I used to have a registered vesion of 2.6 (but I can't find the link to redownload it :(

I would buy the new version (only USD$8), however I do not have a credit card or anything like that. Does anyone know of any other FREE programs that are able to create such stunning transitions as the ones in PhotoPresenter?

Thanks, Mitch

melted.marsbar
10th November 2007, 11:53 AM
Does iPhoto '08 have new transitions? Or is that just with Leopard and CoreAnimation?

fiark
10th November 2007, 12:23 PM
What about using keynote for a slideshow presentation - you would get some great transitions with that.

Of course that only works for FREE if you have keynote....

Currawong
10th November 2007, 12:50 PM
iWork trial works fully for 30 days...

melted.marsbar
10th November 2007, 12:57 PM
I've got keynote and used it for slideshows, but I don't have time to drag in 200 photos for this one. I've had a look in Automator too, but couldn't find any actions to add each photo to a new slide. Not to worry, I'll just stick with the ones in iPhoto - they'll do the trick

the gaffer guy
10th November 2007, 01:08 PM
Take a look at Smart Builds in Keynote 08. All you do is drag a heap of photos over to a page and it all builds it for you. Just appears as a single page in Keynote and works great.