PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate DashboardClient process using iStat Pro 4.2 under Leopard

Skunkie
8th November 2007, 07:47 PM
After a search of the forums I couldn't find a discussion addressing this, but in case I missed something please forgive me if this is a duplicate post.

------

Under Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" and using the iStat Pro 4.2 widget a second DashboardClient process is run. The duplicate process will only quit after iStat Pro is closed.

If more information is needed please let me know what I can provide.

------

Thanks for making an incredibly useful widget! I love it. :D

iSlayer
8th November 2007, 07:51 PM
Not seeing the issue here but even if there is an issue its not something we control anyway. The DashboardClient processes are managed by dashboard not individual widgets

Skunkie
8th November 2007, 08:00 PM
Alrighty, thanks for the extremely fast reply.

Edit: Just thought I would add some information just in case. Don't worry if you (the devs) don't feel like responding.

I Love Lamp 2.1 doesn't seem to have this issue, but both iStat Pro and iStat nano do. And to test other 3rd party widgets I saw the same issue with Delivery Status 3.9 (http://mikepiontek.com/software/mac/delivery-status.html) by Mike.

A good way to test this out (sorry i didn't include steps to reproduce in the first place):

1. Have Activity Monitor in focus visible from the Dashboard
2. Close all widgets currently running (the DashboardCLient process should not appear)
3. Start up the Calendar Widget (By Apple, and the DashboardClient process should appear)
4. Start up iStat Pro (or nano) and a duplicate DashbaordClient process should be present.

If you swap 4 with launching I Love Lamp no duplicate DashboardClient process is present....but if you startup Delivery Status by Mike it also creates a duplicate DashboardClient process.

I am sure this is just something I am not understanding and by no means am condemning any of the widgets I am testing.

I hope this was helpful in some way. I'll shut up now. ;)