PDA

View Full Version : Transmission - nuking my internet connection

Kuma
5th November 2007, 04:17 PM
Ever since installing Leopard.. transmission has been doing 2 things...

downloading at insane speeds which is cool:thumbup:
but after about 5 - 10 minutes my internet gets nuked :thumbdn:

I have to quit, force quit transmission, wait a few moments and then my net comes back.

anybody got some ideas on how to avoid this...

I have throttled download speeds to a mild 200kbs, but even that doesn't seem to be enough...

even when not downloading (just sharing) my connection will cark it.:confused:

(I have tried many things and Transmission definitely seems to be the cause)

mac_man_luke
5th November 2007, 04:31 PM
Iv had the same problem!

thought it was rain affecting our adsl!

DeKa
5th November 2007, 04:39 PM
It's likely your router can't handle the number of connections being opened by Transmission to facilitate such rapid downloads.

Either slow it right down, or get a new router.
I've seen it before... I can say the iiNet Belkin 4 port router is fine, and so is the Linksys WRT54GL (running DD-WRT) is fine.

mac_man_luke
5th November 2007, 04:45 PM
no - was fine before

my speeds are the same - just the nets bombing out

Brains
5th November 2007, 04:49 PM
One of the big 'features' of 10.5 is a dramatically increased threading capability for managing concurrent open connections. Prior to 10.5, your BT client would try and open as many as possible, the OS would 'rotate' many of them. With 10.5, it will try to open and hold open each connection socket, regardless.

The end result is that your router inevitably overloads. Limit your client to hold a maximum of 200 concurrent connections.

B.

tcn33
5th November 2007, 04:55 PM
Limit your client to hold a maximum of 200 concurrent connections.
Note that the current version of Transmission limits you to 200 total connections by default.

andrew.wilson
5th November 2007, 05:12 PM
I noticed the exact same thing this morning!

I actually used to use Azureus and was having similar problems but worse, as in it was crashing the whole computer...so I switched to Transmission which is a good thing coz it is a heaps better program!

Thanks for the help Brains! :D

DJY
5th November 2007, 08:11 PM
I still have hit and hit downloads... mostly miss....

and every time I go to close Transmission... I have to Force Quit it!

Currawong
5th November 2007, 10:25 PM
Ditto here. I run a couple of torrents with at most a dozen connections each, yet I can't even browse the internet while they are running. Insane. Bloody fast downloading though.

By the way, the developer is on our chat network. I'm going to bug him about it.

morn
5th November 2007, 10:36 PM
I thought transmissions limited the number of connections to only 60. A router must be especially pathetic to not handle that small number.
Although perhaps as tcn33 says it's been upped to 200.
What router is this? I got my airport extreme to handle a lot more connections by disabling IPv6.

Currawong
6th November 2007, 12:01 AM
John Clay just pointed me to 0.91 at http://transmission.m0k.org/download.php.

John Clay
6th November 2007, 12:17 AM
It's also worth pointing you to the nightly builds, which have solved a lot of issues.

They're available at:
http://transmission.xpjets.com

tcn33
6th November 2007, 04:51 AM
I thought transmissions limited the number of connections to only 60. A router must be especially pathetic to not handle that small number.
Although perhaps as tcn33 says it's been upped to 200.
It's 60 per torrent, 200 overall.

Asher Tuzza
6th November 2007, 05:16 AM
maybe you folks should post what modems you are using as well cause there might be some relationship.....

billion here and no problem... 7404....

i am wondering if you lot aint on dlinks ?

DJY
6th November 2007, 07:27 AM
D Link here
DSL 504T.

What made you think we were on D Link? I was previously advised they were good?

John Clay
6th November 2007, 08:31 AM
We just released version 0.92, which fixes a number of big problems. You can grab it here:

http://transmission.m0k.org/download.php or use the built-in Sparkle updater.

DJY
6th November 2007, 09:07 AM
Just grabbed 0.92.

Still can't download or seed.
Am using Port 9090 and Automatically map port.

Leopard firewall turned off.
Had to use Azureus again last night.

vargz
6th November 2007, 09:29 AM
Ever since installing Leopard.. transmission has been doing 2 things...
downloading at insane speeds which is cool:thumbup:
but after about 5 - 10 minutes my internet gets nuked :thumbdn:

Precisely what happened to me on Thursday night!

Downloaded 2GB in about 2 hours (awesome huh), 350-400k/s. Came back to my computer a little while later and the connection was kaput. I thought it was an Internode issue but no - had to do a factory reset on my router (Billion 7400G) to resolve this.

Currawong
6th November 2007, 09:42 AM
DJY: I'd pick a port number at the 50000+ mark if I were you. Less likely to be blocked by trackers etc.

I just installed 0.92 and it stopped nuking my internet connection.

DJY
6th November 2007, 10:16 AM
DJY: I'd pick a port number at the 50000+ mark if I were you. Less likely to be blocked by trackers etc.

I just installed 0.92 and it stopped nuking my internet connection.

Do I need to do anything at the DLink end if I change to a high end port?
I tried a few in the range suggested previously - only to have them all blocked / stealth / or mapping errors.

Kuma
6th November 2007, 10:36 AM
my insane speeds are mb/s
.92 hasnt resolved my problems...

and my modem is ISP supplied
Im not sure i want to start playing around with it.

DeKa
6th November 2007, 10:44 AM
D Link here
DSL 504T.

The router I was speaking about above was a D-Link. Once I got rid of it, the problem was solved. I'd *highly* recommend the Linksys WRT54GL available from places like Warcom for under $90.

tcn33
6th November 2007, 11:38 AM
The router I was speaking about above was a D-Link. Once I got rid of it, the problem was solved. I'd *highly* recommend the Linksys WRT54GL available from places like Warcom for under $90.

+1. I had a huge problem with my router getting overwhelmed until I switched to the WRT54GL.

DJY
6th November 2007, 12:07 PM
My D Link used to handle Transmission really well though?
With .92 it seems
Error: Tracker hasn't responded yet.... retrying

grfxninja
6th November 2007, 12:15 PM
My D Link used to handle Transmission really well though?
With .92 it seems
Error: Tracker hasn't responded yet.... retrying

I have been getting the same error with my 502T

But I think my ISP has been throttling torrents too as it is a widespread problem over at WP with this provider :mad:

On a side note, can anyone reccomend a wireless router that will support the 'n' protocol?
Would be great if it also had gigabit ethernet too :D

Asher Tuzza
6th November 2007, 01:04 PM
so your all having probs and your all on dlinks...

co-incidence?

ozron
6th November 2007, 01:23 PM
Since upgrading to 0.9x I've had heaps of prob's - slower speeds, trackers not responding etc and I went back to 0.82 and all my prob's went away. Will try 0.92 and see if this is better.

vargz
6th November 2007, 02:02 PM
so your all having probs and your all on dlinks...

co-incidence?
Billion, as above ^

doughnut
6th November 2007, 06:13 PM
I'm using a Netcomm 1300+4 and having similar problems with torrent's taking forever to start downloading (if they start at all) and if a torrent does download other network apps are slower.

Granted the latest (as of this post) nightly, 3730, is better... But some improvement is still needed to bring back to how it was pre-Leopard.

grfxninja
6th November 2007, 06:32 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if Leopard may be the problem…?
Anybody on Tiger having similar issues?

...and if i close my mind in fear, please pry it open...

Great Song!

Kuma
6th November 2007, 08:46 PM
Oh for sure its a Leopard/Transmission issue....
that has already been acknowledged...
http://myskitch.com/shonankuma/dock-2-20071106-194617.jpg
these are my speeds Im getting.. Awesome... but I would rather be slower and still have my internet available to me.

melbmac
6th November 2007, 09:05 PM
I've not had an issue.

Currawong
7th November 2007, 09:51 AM
While the issue is in full swing on your computer, can you type this in the terminal and paste the output here:

lsof -i -n | grep Trans | wc -l

It lists open files, internet connections only, searches for "Trans" then does a line count. Should show you how many connections have been opened by Transmission.

The model of your modem/router would be good too.

Bart Smastard
7th November 2007, 10:31 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if Leopard may be the problem…?
Anybody on Tiger having similar issues?

Yeah, I'm on 10.4.10. I opened Transmission last night and got an auto-update message, which installed v0.91, once I installed and relaunched I found Safari couldn't load any web pages.
I'll try v0.92 tonight.

BTW. I also installed the latest Quicktime and iTunes updates prior to updating Transmission so maybe the problem could be in these... but unlikely.

EDIT: On 0.91 I didn't find downloads to be blisteringly fast. In fact, I thought it had slowed down. I went to bed when it said it would take 4+ hours to download a 350Mb file - erm, distro :cool:

sendai
7th November 2007, 10:58 AM
Not all D-Links are crap, my DGL-4300 doesn't miss a beat with three torrent clients from three separate machines (hundreds of connections.) Personally, I've found 0.92 + Leopard to be great! Much faster and I haven't experienced any data-loss or instability...

deco20
7th November 2007, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I'm on 10.4.10. transmission 0.92. I can't load pages in safari 3.
Will be upgrading to leopard tonight.

John Clay
7th November 2007, 11:21 AM
We're now classifying this as a "known issue", and it's being looked into. It seems to affect both Tiger and Leopard systems. Please bear with us.

MacFanBoy
7th November 2007, 12:01 PM
A week or so ago i updated to 0.90 then 0.91 and ever since i have a weird issue with it stopping all the time and then......worse still it will NOT see the 3-4 gig i've already downloaded and start up from about 10 MB !!!

This happened to me several times.

I have since given up on Transmission (shame because I really do like it..)

and gone back to Azureus..

Bart Smastard
7th November 2007, 12:09 PM
We're now classifying this as a "known issue", and it's being looked into. It seems to affect both Tiger and Leopard systems. Please bear with us.

Hi John, thanks for the updates - on the updates :D

doughnut
7th November 2007, 04:07 PM
lsof -i -n | grep Trans | wc -l

Cronus:~ doughnut$ lsof -i -n | grep Trans | wc -l

21 torrents seeding with Transmission.

Running the latest nightly (3747) and Leopard-related bugs still remain:

Slowed network while torrents are looking for peers and peers taking an extremely long time to be found. Along with flakey speeds once peers are found.

Edit: Additionally, torrents that previously worked (all from the same tracker) before installing Leopard now simply report "Tracker hasn't responded yet. Retrying..." in the torrent. The message log simply repeats that same error over and over. And yes, the tracker is still up and functioning. Heh.

sendai
7th November 2007, 04:16 PM
We're now classifying this as a "known issue", and it's being looked into. It seems to affect both Tiger and Leopard systems. Please bear with us.Hi John, thanks for the update. While I myself have not experienced the problems experienced by others, I do appreciate your taking time to post here :)

DJY
7th November 2007, 05:40 PM

Thanks for the info!
Leopard + 0.91 / 0.92 nothing works here - so I'm happy to hang in there and be a guinea pig testing if needed.

Bart Smastard
8th November 2007, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I'm on 10.4.10. I opened Transmission last night and got an auto-update message, which installed v0.91, once I installed and relaunched I found Safari couldn't load any web pages.
I'll try v0.92 tonight.

BTW. I also installed the latest Quicktime and iTunes updates prior to updating Transmission so maybe the problem could be in these... but unlikely.

EDIT: On 0.91 I didn't find downloads to be blisteringly fast. In fact, I thought it had slowed down. I went to bed when it said it would take 4+ hours to download a 350Mb file - erm, distro :cool:

Oops. The update I received on Tuesday night was 0.92 :o

BS

BrettJohn
8th November 2007, 09:54 AM
hope this gets resolved soon.....i think i might rely too much on transmission lol

doughnut
8th November 2007, 10:50 AM

Thanks for the update.

DJY
12th November 2007, 04:02 PM
Latest nightly build (0.93 r3806) seems to work for me!
WOOHOO!

I'm very glad to have Transmission back - didn't like using Azureus / Vuze!
Current speed is back to normal.

I received a notification by MacUpdate saying 0.93 was available - which pointed to a 404 Error.
The user comments though pointed me to the nightly build website - and I grabbed that one!
Official website still lists 0.92 has latest - but 0.93 is working!

Kuma
12th November 2007, 04:33 PM
didnt seem to work for me....

Currawong
12th November 2007, 06:07 PM
John said on IRC that he pulled a build due to some or other problem, so that might have been the one.

John Clay
13th November 2007, 08:08 AM
Yepp - I pulled "0.93" last night... wasn't the proper build.

We've just released the real 0.93.

Transmission 0.93 is available for download here (http://transmission.m0k.org/download.php) or via Sparkle.

0.93 (2007/11/12):
- Fix "router death" bug that impaired internet connectivity
- Fix bug that could cause good peer connections to be lost
- Tweak request queue code to improve download speeds
- Better handling of very large files on 32bit systems
- Consume less battery power on laptops
- Fix minor IPC parsing error

Kuma
13th November 2007, 09:44 AM
Hey John,
I tried this morning... but Im still getting connectivity issues...

John Clay
13th November 2007, 09:48 AM
Hey John,
I tried this morning... but Im still getting connectivity issues...

Have you tried 0.93? That was released around 5PM EST (-5 GMT).

queraxus
13th November 2007, 09:51 AM
Download the nightly builds. Seems to have solved many of the issues mentioned in this thread.

Edit: Or 0.93 :D

Kuma
13th November 2007, 10:22 AM
Have you tried 0.93? That was released around 5PM EST (-5 GMT).

yes.. downloaded it via the auto updater

edit - update... hmm things seem good now...

occasionally disrupting... and some pages are slow..but :thumbup:

DJY
13th November 2007, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the re-release.
Glad to have Transmission back!

Will let you know how it goes.. but all looks good initially!

doughnut
13th November 2007, 05:26 PM
Unfortunately I'm still having issues getting a torrent to actually find peers and download.

And yes, there are seeders available. :P

On the plus side, when running Transmission (r3818) I other network activities are no longer dog-slow. So great work on that front. :)

grfxninja
13th November 2007, 07:54 PM
still unable to get any connections here. Might try a restart just to be sure. (.93 release)

EDIT: Nope, no luck. Azureus/Vuse *shudder* picks it up just fine…

tcn33
13th November 2007, 08:35 PM
I'm actually having the opposite problem - 0.92 was fine but 0.93 seems to be hogging bandwidth. Just one of many mystery issues I've come across in the last week or so :(

Bart Smastard
14th November 2007, 08:47 AM
Installed 0.93 last night and found internet was fine but download was dreadfully slow; best speed was 28kb/s. The file had 3000+ seeders. Port 9090 is opened on my router.

markh
14th November 2007, 09:10 AM
I'm finding transmission rarely connects to many seeds compared to say azureus. Started something off this morning and transmission would only do a max of 0.8Kbs and connected to one seeder (on and off). azureus connected to both seeders and a steady rate of 15Kbs. Using port 9090 via the automapping for the airport extreme basestation. Using the lastest released build 0.93

doughnut
20th November 2007, 04:35 PM
Unfortunately the last few nightly's are suffering from the same issues - taking forever to actually find peers and start downloading.

Also, the last couple of nightly's (from around 3850) have picked up a new bug. Locking up every few minutes for about 15 seconds or so. I believe this issue has gone away after a period of time. But can't confirm that at this point.

And the "Tracker hasn't responded yet. Retrying..." message continue to fill up the Message Log. On a tracker that is working fine.

Blades
18th December 2007, 09:32 AM
I'm finding that Transmission speeds are low with few peers, whereas I open the same torrent in BitTyrant or Azureus and I might connect to triple the number of peers and get speeds of up to 200k+.

I had one point where Transmission wasn't downloading anything on 6 torrents. Closed Transmission, opened the torrents in Azureus and they started hammering down. It's almost like Transmission can't see all the peers that Azureus can? Is that possible?

For example a torrent running at the moment:
Transmission: 7 of 50 peers - 8.6 down, 0k up (I've got the up set to 50k)
Bityrant : 19 Seeds, 30 Peers - 26k down, 60k up

I've got ADSL2+ as well, but it's about a 4Mb connection. I've also got the port open, so both programs are getting little green circles :)

Just upgraded to 0.96, running 10.5.1 so will see how that goes. In the meantime, has anyone else had similar experience?

Currawong
18th December 2007, 10:00 AM
It's because Azureus connects to a distributed tracker system that can find more peers for the same torrent, such as if it's been uploaded to many sites.

Bart Smastard
18th December 2007, 10:12 AM
I'm finding that Transmission speeds are low with few peers, whereas I open the same torrent in BitTyrant or Azureus and I might connect to triple the number of peers and get speeds of up to 200k+.

I had one point where Transmission wasn't downloading anything on 6 torrents. Closed Transmission, opened the torrents in Azureus and they started hammering down. It's almost like Transmission can't see all the peers that Azureus can? Is that possible?

For example a torrent running at the moment:
Transmission: 7 of 50 peers - 8.6 down, 0k up (I've got the up set to 50k)
Bityrant : 19 Seeds, 30 Peers - 26k down, 60k up

I've got ADSL2+ as well, but it's about a 4Mb connection. I've also got the port open, so both programs are getting little green circles :)

Just upgraded to 0.96, running 10.5.1 so will see how that goes. In the meantime, has anyone else had similar experience?

Yes, I'm having the same problem (and possibly with the same file ;)). I noticed it last week and also compared it with Azureus (are you living in my parallel universe?), except I found that the download was at the same pathetic rate.

I'm on Optus cable and was beginning to wonder if they had throttled back torrent downloads. They've been rubbish for weeks now :confused:

markh
18th December 2007, 10:17 AM
Yep. found that with Transmission.. It hardly connects to many peers, yet other BT progs get heaps more connections to peers.. And faster download rates...

arkenstone
18th December 2007, 11:22 AM
I'll jump on the bandwagon here. maxing out at around 110k for stuff in Transmission but getting 500k+ in uTorrent on a Windows box.

Someone fix it!

tcn33
18th December 2007, 11:43 AM
I've had to stop using Transmission, unfortunately. It downloads just fine (some of the time - waffles is OK but TV torrent speeds are rubbish) but it doesn't seed at all so my ratios have gone to hell. Back to resource-hogging bloatware Azureus for me :(

Currawong
18th December 2007, 12:46 PM
I guess noone reads my posts. ;)

Azureus (I don't know about other programs) connects to a distributed tracker system that finds other peers, not just ones from the tracker the torrent is from. Transmission doesn't have this system.

tcn33
18th December 2007, 01:18 PM
No, I did see that but I don't think it's the issue in my case. Transmission actually downloads faster in some cases than Azureus, particularly with waffles (up to 1.25MB/s). Uploading is the problem - Transmission doesn't upload at all. I don't see why the lack of a distributed tracker system would have less than zero impact to downloads but completely disable uploading.

Jaffa
18th December 2007, 02:27 PM
I have this same problem with leopard, altoigh it happens with just about any download. When I start downloading a file it hogs the Internet connection and any other app or even the same app gets shit slow speeds, and by slow I mean 0.05KB/s.

supermans_alter_ego
18th December 2007, 05:08 PM
what are peoples opinions on 'tomato' as another simple torrent program?

Jaffa
19th December 2007, 01:54 PM

Azureus (I don't know about other programs) connects to a distributed tracker system that finds other peers, not just ones from the tracker the torrent is from. Transmission doesn't have this system.

does uTorrent do this too?

Ginamos
19th December 2007, 02:46 PM
I've given up on Transmission, for the moment.

I'm now using BitTyrant (http://bittyrant.cs.washington.edu/) which is a modified version of Azureus, for some reason it doesn't seem as much of a memory hog a the real Azureus, and nowhere near as bad a version 3.0.

Blades
19th December 2007, 05:52 PM
yeah I Was using BitTyrant, but it's going crazy with the auto speed settings. Also it kernal panic'ed my machine a couple of days ago like Azureus does.

Admittedly I did get some *cough* "TV-based Linux applications" ;) down and they were able to peak out at 150k. Azureus and BitTyrant would probably have gotten them faster, but the entire system crashes are they thing that puts me off :(

Is it possible for Transmission to be updated to access peers like Azureus does? (To increase the number it connects to)

DVD Plaza
19th December 2007, 06:56 PM
It's because Azureus connects to a distributed tracker system that can find more peers for the same torrent, such as if it's been uploaded to many sites.That's not the only reason.

Most torrents ban Transmission, no matter where you go or how hard you try your listing of peers in Transmission will NEVER show some clients because Transmission is blacklisted.

When BitRocket ditched the use of Transmissions libraries and went libtorrent instead I jumped over to that. Transmission's performance in terms of peers and speeds are an absolute disgrace in comparison.

Shame as I love Transmissions interface - but BitRocket certainly comes an impressive second. Everything else is a very, very, very, vvvvveeeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyy distant third.

Ginamos
19th December 2007, 08:13 PM
yeah I Was using BitTyrant, but it's going crazy with the auto speed settings. Also it kernal panic'ed my machine a couple of days ago like Azureus does.

Kernel panics :eek: I'd think about doing a fresh install of OS X, that really doesn't sound right. Although I'm still on 10.4.11, so maybe that's a Leopard thing, but I'd find that hard to imagine.

That's not the only reason.

Most torrents ban Transmission, no matter where you go or how hard you try your listing of peers in Transmission will NEVER show some clients because Transmission is blacklisted.

When BitRocket ditched the use of Transmissions libraries and went libtorrent instead I jumped over to that. Transmission's performance in terms of peers and speeds are an absolute disgrace in comparison.

Shame as I love Transmissions interface - but BitRocket certainly comes an impressive second. Everything else is a very, very, very, vvvvveeeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyy distant third.

Very true, certainly earlier versions of Transmission were blacklisted.

Strangely enough, I've only noticed the problem where Transmission fails to pick up anything recently (in the last few mini-releases), up until then I'd been a happy Transmission user. Speed of download doesn't really worry me, but when Transmission doesn't find any seeds/peers and Azureus does, time to jump ship.

Agreed about the Transmission interface, I'd much rather use it than the Azureus one.

RGSX12
19th December 2007, 08:21 PM
A note to people, download the latest builds via John's link, they do fix a heap of the annoying bugs in the current stable release. I'm finding Transmission to be pretty good right now... Looking at some other torrent apps to try out.

DJY
19th December 2007, 08:34 PM
My ratios have remained poor in the last few versions of Transmission...
can't get an open Incoming TCP POrt either - despite several night randomly putting numbers in it... still seems to download though

What port most people using? Maybe this might help my ratios...
although maybe it has to do with some sites not picking up or accepting Transmission?

arkenstone
19th December 2007, 10:20 PM
My ratios have remained poor in the last few versions of Transmission...
can't get an open Incoming TCP POrt either - despite several night randomly putting numbers in it... still seems to download though

The port is a port you need to open to the outside world and forward to whatever PC you're on. If you're using an ADSL modem/router dudad you almost certainly have to open and forward a port there.

Entering random numbers isn't going to help.

although maybe it has to do with some sites not picking up or accepting Transmission?

The client is irrelevant in this case.

grfxninja
5th January 2008, 04:41 PM
Not sure if it fixes the issues but Transmission is now at v1.0

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/19378/transmission

tcn33
6th January 2008, 11:18 AM
Still downloads quite poorly for me. I've gone back to 0.86.

LarryH
6th January 2008, 11:24 AM
Thats been doing that to me on Tiger too, and I thought it was normal.

avolve
4th February 2008, 01:39 PM
i was hoping for an answer to this too (slow d/l) :confused:. I noted a new thread... (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/showthread.php?t=43309)

Transmission still nukes my connection (1.02). I was planning to upgrade to 1.04 as soon as my quota ticks over again, though I am seriously considering going back to Azuereus...

Disko
4th February 2008, 02:12 PM
I was planning to upgrade to 1.04 as soon as my quota ticks over again, though I am seriously considering going back to Azuereus...

If you're finding bugs, report them and keep up to date with the latest version -always-.

I had the whole router killing bug of yesteryear, and they fixed it with a point update. Give 1.04 a shot, then 1.05, .06 etc. The Transmission chaps are always improving this client, so upgrading is always going to be beneficial.

markh
4th February 2008, 02:19 PM
The "seeding" is still stuffed in the latest release.. like it has been for MANY versions.

ilostmypassword
4th February 2008, 02:21 PM
Xtorrent is the answer (http://www.xtorrentp2p.com/)

timwallG5
4th February 2008, 02:24 PM
The older releases of Transmission under Leopard will kill the Internet connection if it makes over 500 connections.

I've had problems with Transmission causing unexpected kernel panics during the night, while it is downloading stuff.

They brought out an updated version which seems to solve the problem as I haven't had a panic again. (touch wood).

Mind you, before the updated version they said it was "updated for Leopard" but obviously not updated enough. What do you want for free software? It's free! You can't complain...

Disko
4th February 2008, 02:24 PM
Xtorrent is the answer (http://www.xtorrentp2p.com/)

Xtorrent uses the same engine as Transmission, and attracts a cost.

ilostmypassword
4th February 2008, 03:18 PM
Xtorrent uses the same engine as Transmission, and attracts a cost.

... but it works ;)

avolve
4th February 2008, 03:27 PM
[i am using tiger]

DJY
4th February 2008, 05:56 PM
The "seeding" is still stuffed in the latest release.. like it has been for MANY versions.

I also have had seeding problems in the last few versions...
but touch wood this latest one seems to be seeding ok for me?!?!

Will have to watch though to see if my 'credits' get recorded, as previous versions when it has seeded they don't seem to have counted.