PDA

View Full Version : MacTalk iPhone users

decoy4000
3rd November 2007, 09:45 PM
This week a very good mate of mine brought back from the US, a 8GB iPhone (1.1.1).
I got it unlocked and using it with my NextG sim... very happy except for the GPRS settings that keep on getting lost. (Investigating the fix)

What I would like to find out, how many people are using the iPhone in Aus? or rather on this Forum?
And wich carrier.
This is for no particular reason but just out of interest.

theov
3rd November 2007, 09:56 PM
You should add Virgin to your options (what I am on) as it seems to be popular for iPhones as it has cheap data plans.

Also regarding GPRS settings check this post out: http://forums.mactalk.com.au/showpost.php?p=384665&postcount=81

cheers, theov

chocho
3rd November 2007, 09:58 PM
i don't have one yet, but a mate is going to nyc for xmas, so i think i'm getting one :) so i am also interested if i would be able to just put my optus sim in it after unlock!

this afternoon i was at the optus shop and ran into an american guy who had the iphone. he told me that the next generation i phone will be released next month in the us! :) he also said that it will be unusable if attempted to be unlocked, by some new "chip" built into it to prevent it from being hacked! i wonder...

Huy
3rd November 2007, 10:33 PM
I am using Vodafone pre-paid on my 8GB iPhone (1.0.2, upgraded to 1.1.1). Found out the hard way with GPRS charging me $1 for 5 minute blocks, for an entire week... the very first week I had my iPhone. Very good lesson was learnt and I have disabled EDGE/GPRS at every stage (1.0.2 and 1.1.1).

- You're able to insert your Optus SIM in and off you go, if unlocked.

I reckon the iPhone 2.0 will be out in 2008 perhaps but not next month :p

neg2led
10th February 2008, 04:18 PM
Optus ICON 15 business plan on mine :)

I cant seem to get data working, but i dont thing i've enabled it and i don't think it's set up right anyway!