PDA

View Full Version : Optus Mobile Prizes

cosmichobo
3rd November 2007, 02:57 PM
G'day,

Just added some credit to my Optus Boost mobile, after being advised of all the wonderful possible prizes... [not BECAUSE of the prizes]

Then get a message - YOU'VE WON A PRIZE!

Go to their website... has a swimming pool filled with great/ish prizes - mobile phones, iPod shuffle....

I won 60 free sms... valid for 14 days... to any Optus mobile...

Oh yay. I think I'll retire.

f1_power
3rd November 2007, 03:21 PM
I got $25 free credit after recharging yesterday - might be able to load 2 more webpages on GPRS on my iPhone ;)

Nah....actually the Optus Turbo Charge PrePaid plan is really good especially when it comes to using GPRS.

BrettJohn
3rd November 2007, 03:30 PM
wow! congrats....60 free sms over iPods and other mobiles....you should buy a lotto ticket lol:D

cosmichobo
3rd November 2007, 03:47 PM
I guess I do sms a little bit of late... but other than my fiancée, I have NO idea who is on what network... like I could be bothered keeping track?!

Just was looking at iPods in Big W today... and kinda hoped maybe....... oh well. :) I'll get a job soon enough... 1 more essay... final cut on my last film... then I'll be out with all the other graduating students who haven't already gotten off their asses to get a job, looking... for a job...

cosmichobo
28th November 2007, 10:00 PM
Woohoo, 25 sms - to ANY mobile... to be used within 7 days...

Gee they really go all out... What is the real cost of an sms? 4c?

Lachie
28th November 2007, 10:07 PM
Woohoo, 25 sms - to ANY mobile... to be used within 7 days...

Gee they really go all out... What is the real cost of an sms? 4c?

if that. i rekon they have about %1000 mark up on sms. its what makes companies there money

spargo
29th November 2007, 01:34 PM
I won credit also. A good score and a good promo.

BrettJohn
29th November 2007, 02:01 PM
i've now won 30sms and the other time 60sms....to be used within 14 days of being credited to my account. wow! how lucky....i'm sure on a roll

:rollseyes:

cosmichobo
10th February 2008, 11:42 AM
I just won $30 credit.... with the same limitation though - have to use it in 7 days, and only with other Optus customers.

It would almost be good if it weren't for the limitations. Then it's just.... to use an 80'sism... gammon.

applecollector
10th February 2008, 11:46 AM
YAY lucky you we only won $10 credit and a crap load of sms which we never use.

silverdreamer
10th February 2008, 12:18 PM
YAY lucky you we only won $10 credit and a crap load of sms which we never use.

I dare say most Optus customers won't use the prizes they win within the seven days, as CH said, who can be bothered keeping track of who's on what carrier. It's all just a no cost promo con by Optus.

SilverJ
10th February 2008, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I have won a few things also.
Not a Nintendo Wii or new phone or anything fancy though.
Won $15 credit the other day, other time I have won talktime, other time I won 25x SMS. But you know what really makes me angry?? Each time I recharge with $40 credit, I get $200 to use right. Ok that is fine. However, a portion of that goes to Optus Mytime. Which means you have to call Optus customer service, nominate 5 numbers (can only call them three times to give them numbers to add or change..) and then you can call them using that portion of the credit. I tried calling the other week, and gave them three Optus numbers only to hear that they aren't with Optus. She then had to call me back 20 minutes later because I assured her they were certainly with Optus... She told me she cannot do it unless they sign up for Optus Zoo and register for that and then I can add their numbers... and then once they are all registered I can call and try and register their numbers again.. I mean what a pain in the ass..

cosmichobo
10th February 2008, 02:36 PM
I tried calling the other week, and gave them three Optus numbers only to hear that they aren't with Optus. She then had to call me back 20 minutes later because I assured her they were certainly with Optus... She told me she cannot do it unless they sign up for Optus Zoo and register for that and then I can add their numbers...

Oh My Fn Dog!!

I only just realised that I was getting this "mytime" or whatever it's called, but thought - ok, well, my fiancée's mobile is Optus... her dad's is too... So - I should call up and have them added, seems she talks to her dad a lot...

After reading that... *blood boiling* How ABSURD!