PDA

View Full Version : Leopards Spaces & the finder..

Keving
2nd November 2007, 06:40 PM
Anyway to make the finder NOT stick in a space? make it openable in all of your spaces? sort of annoying, only let down with spaces..

Galumay
2nd November 2007, 06:50 PM
well you can select it to appear in all spaces if thats what you mean, its how i have it setup.

fiark
2nd November 2007, 06:57 PM
Don't you have to locate in Core Services first? I think I read that somewhere around here.

xfodder
2nd November 2007, 07:00 PM
applications only stick to spaces if you tell them to, obviously if you already have a finder window open in a space and you select the finder from another space, spaces will go to the space which has the open finder window ... if you already have a finder window open in a space and want to create a new finder window in another space just right click on the finder icon in the dock and choose new finder window

bartron
2nd November 2007, 07:00 PM
go to spaces prefrences, add the finder (/system/library/coreservices/finder.app) and change it to be in every spaces.

xfodder
2nd November 2007, 07:04 PM
wow i didnt know you could do that! disregard my previous post ... i thought it was something i had to live with ! :D thanks barton

Currawong
2nd November 2007, 08:02 PM
I have the Finder, System Preferences and iChat etc showing in all spaces. Makes things very handy.