PDA

View Full Version : Converting Real Media?

Sunnz
31st October 2007, 01:33 AM
Just wondering what software one could use to convert Real Media rmvb files into other formats such as h.264 AAC Quicktime files?

Thanks.

SyncMan
31st October 2007, 06:32 AM
I tried iSquint, but no luck, does anyone know if VisualHub does?

Mac Ram
31st October 2007, 06:38 AM
VisualHub won't do it. Tried ffmpegx?

Currawong
31st October 2007, 09:59 AM
All those programs use the same open-source software to convert video files. As far as I know, Real Media is proprietary and there may not be any means of converting the files. Google reveals PC software and solutions using video capture. You might have to do something like use Snaps Pro (I haven't tried this, so I'm guessing) to re-capture the video.

conufsed
31st October 2007, 10:03 AM
I know you can view real media on linux using vlc with the w32codecs package. Maybe this is ported to OSX?

Sunnz
31st October 2007, 11:01 AM
From reading the FFmpegX forum there seem to a way to do this, by extracting the codecs from the Real Player 10 package. I am going to try this later.

Otherwise, I have about 100 GB of rmvb files, don't know exactly the total length in time, but it would be crazy to video capture all of it!!!

decryption
31st October 2007, 11:08 AM
Depending how savvy you are, use the Helix Community server, which has suport for Helix, to transcode to H.264: https://helixcommunity.org/downloads/