PDA

View Full Version : Leopard Server - Anyone got it yet?

decryption
29th October 2007, 11:23 AM
Just wondering if anyone has their hands on Leopard server yet? (not the beta builds).

I'm itching to try it out, but I don't think I'll be getting it here at work for a few weeks :(

Linux_insidev2
29th October 2007, 11:28 AM
I didn't think leopard server was released yet.

stewiesno1
29th October 2007, 11:34 AM
MacDave will probably have it in his hands about now I reckon if it has been released.:D
Stewie

tcn33
29th October 2007, 11:39 AM
Just wondering if anyone has their hands on Leopard server yet? (not the beta builds).

I'm itching to try it out, but I don't think I'll be getting it here at work for a few weeks :(
How did I know you started this thread, Anthony...

:p

decryption
29th October 2007, 11:43 AM
I didn't think leopard server was released yet.

It's supposed to have been released simultaenously (as opposed to a few weeks later with 10.3 & 10.4). You can order it now from Apple and get it within 48 hours, I was just wondering if anyone pre-ordered it and recieved it today.

How did I know you started this thread, Anthony...

:p

Because you listened to my lusting for while we were in line picking up our client copies :p

thorevenge
29th October 2007, 12:05 PM
Leopard server looks sooo good.

But then I found that the Apache version in client is 2.2.6... which is very interesting...

titan44
29th October 2007, 12:29 PM
I was going to go out and track down a copy today, but too swamped. I'll be going to get my hands on in this week though.

Does anyone know if it's well stocked in the shops, I think it'll put some heat on MS SBS

MacDave
29th October 2007, 12:33 PM
MacDave will probably have it in his hands about now I reckon if it has been released.:D
Stewie

I don't actually. This is what ACN (Apple Consultants Network) wrote me:

"Getting Leopard
Now that the release date has been announced, we've been able to place our orders!

As soon as possible following its release on October 26th, one Not For Resale (NFR) copy of Leopard will be shipped to every ACN member in the U.S. and Canada. Similarly, one NFR copy of Leopard Server will be shipped to every ACN member in the U.S. and Canada who holds ACTC or ACSA certification. (In both cases, qualifying members in Latin America and the Caribbean will receive their copies from the Apple Latin America team.)

When will I get mine?
Recognizing their importance to your business, we make every effort to get OS releases into your hands as soon as possible; however, allowing for the time it takes for our orders to be processed, and for the product to be shipped and delivered, it's impossible for us to predict exactly when you'll receive your copy. All we can tell you is that it will be as soon as possible following its release on the 26th. We appreciate your patience!"

Dave

Squozen
29th October 2007, 01:04 PM
Our office has just received it.

Linux_insidev2
29th October 2007, 01:23 PM
But then I found that the Apache version in client is 2.2.6... which is very interesting...

How so?

dotnet
29th October 2007, 04:42 PM
Pardon my ignorance, without wanting to hi-jack the thread I'd like to ask this.

I admit I've never tried OS X Server (any version), and wonder what one would lose in comparison to Client. Also, what would one gain? A lot of the services are there in Client, they just lack proper admin tools.

Is there a case for running Server on a desktop (like a MP), using it as one would use Client, but with the potential to simplify management of other Macs on the network?

Cheers
Steffen.