PDA

View Full Version : Leopard Developer Tools Fails

thorevenge
28th October 2007, 09:31 PM
So I tried to install the Developer tools from the DVD onto my Macbook however it keeps bombing out when installing the CHUD tools.

I did a perms repair but no luck.

Any suggestions?

Currawong
28th October 2007, 09:45 PM
Works for me. You could have a stuffed DVD. How did you install Leopard? Upgrade?

soulman
28th October 2007, 09:50 PM
Isn't there some conflict between the CHUD tools and one or more haxies, such as APE? Don't have any of them installed by some chance do you?

thorevenge
28th October 2007, 10:01 PM
Upgrade on Leopard.

I didn't think the APE error affected Developers Tools.

Removed the pref pane anyways.

thorevenge
28th October 2007, 11:00 PM
Nope, removed APE and it still fails at the same point.

Suggestions?

toholio
28th October 2007, 11:11 PM
Nope, removed APE and it still fails at the same point.

Suggestions?

Are you installing over Tiger's version of the developer tools or is there an incomplete installation of Leopard's tools there already? If so, delete them and try again.

thorevenge
28th October 2007, 11:21 PM
Well thats the funny thing.

1) I found out how to not add CHUD tools so it installed ok.

2) I had Tigers Tools installed and the Leopard Tools wants to "Install" and not "Upgrade" which I thought was very odd.

thorevenge
29th October 2007, 10:01 AM
Okay its resolved.

Installed without the CHUD tools. Downloaded the CHUD tools from ADC and now they installed fine.

I am completely at a loss as to what the difference was with regards to this but thanks all - this can be closed :).

HDK
29th October 2007, 11:10 AM
Removed the pref pane anyways.

You need to remove more than jsut the pref pane. Can't remember where two(?) other sneaky files reside and don't have ape installed so can't help further.
Not that it matters now that your issue is resolved.