PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Thoughts now youve had it a while

womble
27th October 2007, 08:45 PM
Hey Guys

Im looking at getting an iphone, but what are your thoughts now you have had it a few weeks, is it worth it?
Is it worth me buying from the us or getting it in the Chinatown store in ADL,

I cant decide seeing how three have just stuffed my phone if i should get it or not

Jason

marc
27th October 2007, 09:08 PM
Best phone I've ever owned by such a massive margin it's crazy. Best iPod I've ever owned. Best small gadget I've ever owned. I was expecting to be impressed, but was shocked to find it surpassed even that. I'm very happy I didn't wait for the 3G version.

As for where to buy... up to you. There's loads of options. Just pick the cheapest one that you think will be reliable.

Go for it! :thumbup:

tcn33
27th October 2007, 09:16 PM
I was expecting to be impressed, but was shocked to find it surpassed even that.
Couldn't agree more. It's one of those things where you think you're prepared for how cool it's going to be because you've seen a hundred screenshots and videos of it, but when you first hold one in your hand it's even better than you thought.

Dante Kyar
27th October 2007, 09:23 PM
Couldn't agree more. It's one of those things where you think you're prepared for how cool it's going to be because you've seen a hundred screenshots and videos of it, but when you first hold one in your hand it's even better than you thought.

had this feeling with my ipod touch when i installed the iphone apps. I'm going to wait till the size increases to 16gb or above, then im going to get one. I just hope they fix that damn recessed headphone plug.

W9cae
27th October 2007, 09:25 PM
I agree with the others comments. iPhone is one nice gadget, and well worth the $.

It does have its limits. To watch video when on the train its great or to check a web page. But to try and surf the web properly a computer has it beat. Display is still too small. But then how do you get a gadget to fit in your pocket with a bigger display.

If you are contemplating an IPhone I would not dilly dally as they might become very scarce. Seeing Apple has changed the rules on purchasing.

leon
27th October 2007, 09:25 PM
Is it worth me buying from the us or getting it in the Chinatown store in ADL,

Jason

Look at the for sale thread here and there is one for sale for $700.

womble
27th October 2007, 09:44 PM
what do you mean they have changed the buying rules can you please tell me more or did i miss it on the forums?

and I wish I could look at the for sale I havent been posting enough so i cant use it yet unfortuantly

jason

W9cae
27th October 2007, 09:51 PM
Here is the latest news on buying an iPhone.

http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/10/27/restricted.iphone.sales/

andrew.wilson
28th October 2007, 12:10 AM
Just do it :D

Such an incredible device that can be made even better with some awesome 3rd party apps!

By far also the best iPod....not much more to add really.

As for value..well this might be a wonky argument...but if you were to buy an iPhone now for around $600-$700 you are essentially buying an outright phone (coz it has to be unlocked to work over here)...now look at the prices of other outright piece of shit phones over here (you can buy without signing up to a contract) and compare it to the awesomeness of the iPhone.... :D

:thumbup:

gaehl
28th October 2007, 12:18 AM
womble if you want to have a look at an iPhone I work in town (part time) and could meet up to show mine off. just PM me.

Huy
28th October 2007, 12:19 AM
If I lost my iPhone tomorrow, I would buy another one (depending on finances :p).

I love this phone and so does everyone else who has ever used one/owned one. Go for it! :D

tdmc
8th November 2007, 09:33 AM
had mine for a few days now and love it. Intuitive, easy to use. The downside is a lack of information (the manual is brief and contains all the "easy" stuff but none of the intricacies)

definately the best phone I've ever had - would be very hard to consider any alternative!

BrettJohn
8th November 2007, 09:47 AM
i've had mine for a few months and i absolutely love it....can't fault it at all....i wouldnt be so impressed if there were no 3rd party apps but it's a damn good gadget. what i've always wanted in a phone

mechcon
8th November 2007, 10:04 AM
personally.. the only thing that's holding me back with the purchase of the iphone is the warranty.. or lack thereof..

shiny
8th November 2007, 11:08 AM
personally.. the only thing that's holding me back with the purchase of the iphone is the warranty.. or lack thereof..

Same, I would have one now if it was not for the warranty concern. About 6 people at work now have one and I have played with them all :p just an awesome easy to use gadget.

mechcon
8th November 2007, 11:49 AM
Absolutely, and it'll be interesting to see if many people in australia will buy it now that 90% of bloody mactalk owns one :P

I haven't even gotten to see one yet in real life neither :(