PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Screen Unlockable as Attempting to Activate in 1.0.2

Rasta
27th October 2007, 03:03 PM
I'm using the iNdependence 1.2.5 app to jailbreak and activate my new iPhones (one at a time obviously).

But everytime I go to activate it and jailbreak it. It is successful but the touchscreen stops working.

Has anyone has this happen to them? I can restore the iPhone with iTunes and then the screen works again..

Any thoughts? It's pissing me off majorly!!

EDIT: I should have said that it's 1.1.1 native and I've downgraded it to 1.0.2

Jaffa
27th October 2007, 03:17 PM
Not sure, I activated mine fine... Have you tried a reset of the iPhone after it became unresponsive (aka home+sleep button held down) ?

Rasta
27th October 2007, 03:25 PM
Not sure, I activated mine fine... Have you tried a reset of the iPhone after it became unresponsive (aka home+sleep button held down) ?

Yeah done that..

I think more than it not being unlockable is that the screen freezes immediately after it turns on.

The 'light' that highlights the bottom "slide for emergency" bar freezes either on the arrow or on the "slide bit". Resetting doesn't change it.

Interestingly though when iNdependence goes to reset it, the 'light' moves for a fraction of a second before the screen resets.

Weird.. the screen does work though as I was playing with it before I started to activate and jailbreak it...

Rasta
27th October 2007, 04:25 PM
Further update. This appears to be SIM related. I'v pulled it out and the iPhone has worked after a reset.

But then goes on to freeze again....

Tiprya
27th October 2007, 04:32 PM
Hmn, I guess try restoring to 1.1.1 and start over?

Rasta
27th October 2007, 04:37 PM
Hmn, I guess try restoring to 1.1.1 and start over?

Done that too... :(