PDA

View Full Version : The "Leopard is fine and I am happy!" Club

decryption
27th October 2007, 11:16 AM
We've seen the bugs thread, but who hasn't encountered a single thing wrong? I will start - me :)

Leopard is awesome and I can't wait to show it off to the Windows weenies!

jeremy_warnock
27th October 2007, 11:22 AM
Can I join decryption?? - Its been a great process for me.

Got me a free leopard t-shirt from nextbyte, had an easy install on both macbook & powerbook - Have even been able to get photoshop cs 3 installed with out a problem.

Also had no issues with software update - and found a new aperture 1.5.6 in the updates.

I have to say been the geek i am my only problem was I was up all night playing with it

Gothikon
27th October 2007, 11:22 AM
Same!

decryption
27th October 2007, 11:24 AM
Same!

I think I saw you at MyMac dude - but I wasn't sure it was you, hah

Arkhum_Eramak
27th October 2007, 11:52 AM
Yep, I installed on my Mac Pro and PowerBook G4, no probs. Archive install on PowerBook, upgrade on Mac Pro. Everything is running perfectly so far, just working with Motion at the moment whilst I mix for the cricket here in Bellerieve, Hobart. Bah...the worst thing is that I'm here and not at home, fiddling on my Mac Pro!

sunrisesister
27th October 2007, 12:09 PM
one happy camper here too :) 2 stress-free installs, and loving every new feature. Had some issues with smb/afp shares, but that was a keychain and permissions issue - not leopard's fault.

vanderlay
27th October 2007, 12:10 PM
No probs for me except my MacBook's Flaky Bluetooh.
It was a problem with tiger as well, so I'm fairly sure it's a hardware issue that I'll have to get checked out

Rayd
27th October 2007, 12:19 PM
no problems except some funky scrolling :)

NeoRicen
27th October 2007, 05:37 PM
Absolutely no problems here.

mechcon
27th October 2007, 05:40 PM
Overall I had more success than failure.

tcn33
27th October 2007, 05:41 PM
No problems other than having to manually copy everything over because Migration Assistant blows.

asphotos
27th October 2007, 05:42 PM
its great, just some "user" issues.

mostly little snitch.

gelfie
27th October 2007, 05:42 PM
Works great for me.

24" Intel Extreme iMac
15" Core Duo MacBook Pro

Archive Installed both of them.

dev_enter
27th October 2007, 05:43 PM
Clean installed on a 2.4GHz MacBook Pro 15", no problems except that my iChat hack for ICQ no longer works, which isn't all that unexpected. Fixing it could be a problem though.

BiRDBRAiN
27th October 2007, 06:02 PM
There wasn't a "Leopard is FREAKN awesome!" club so this will have to do :D

W9cae
27th October 2007, 06:02 PM
decryption can I join the club ? Only issue I have had was Popcorn 3 & my hacked iMovie08. Anyway iMovie was never supposed to work without core graphics. As for Popcorn 3, Roxio have slipped here as it was reported back in beta leopard.

I did the upgrade route & was simple as just took about 2 hours.

Very happy with leopard well worth the $

PS photoshop seems to work faster now !

bullrout
27th October 2007, 06:43 PM
I did an upgrade & no problems at all. iMac Core Duo.

Kuma
27th October 2007, 06:50 PM
when I fix my keyboard issues I will join.

Alec Fraser
27th October 2007, 06:55 PM
I'll join when they put AirPort Disk related functionality back into Time Machine.

Huy
27th October 2007, 07:10 PM
I had no issues at all doing a clean install on my MacBook. :)

I performed an upgrade on a PowerBook which didn't go so well though - froze right after the post-install loading (blue) screen. Ended up clean installing that one and it was fine after that.

grfxninja
28th October 2007, 02:50 AM
I did the upgrade install and there were a few flaky issues with apps not working, but it was all fixed with a restart.

Now to give the old G5 iMac an update…

iSlayer
28th October 2007, 07:42 AM
Add me to the list. Installed last night without a single problem

Joltman
28th October 2007, 08:25 AM
All good here.

digger1914
28th October 2007, 08:33 AM
Me too. Upgrade worked a treat. no problems at all!!!

scruffie
28th October 2007, 08:44 AM
Ditto. Very boring here.
Though i do have big clown fish staring back at me now :)

Kuma
28th October 2007, 09:15 AM
Currently Leopard gets worse with age.....

Agro
28th October 2007, 10:15 AM
I'll admit Leopard isn't everything I had hoped for:

* I had to recompile netatalk to before I could mount the shares on my file/print server. Other than that I'm generally happy.

* A little disappointed with Time Machine - it won't sync to my file server and hasn't really been designed with mobile (laptop) use in mind. Maybe in a later version (It would be nice for it cache changes on the local system until the backup server is available).

* I think my laptop may be running a little hotter - but that could be me (not sure)

Otherwise - all good. I'm a happy camper :)

Agro.

Dante Kyar
28th October 2007, 10:24 AM
I'll join when they put AirPort Disk related functionality back into Time Machine.

I can't believe they took it out. I really needed this at home with our laptops. That really pisses me off!

Seems to me they took out a heap of little things for the shipping build.

Other than that, leopard works fine for me. Just not adium but I think that is on their end.

Alec Fraser
28th October 2007, 11:07 AM
I can't believe they took it out. I really needed this at home with our laptops. That really pisses me off!

Seems to me they took out a heap of little things for the shipping build.

Other than that, leopard works fine for me. Just not adium but I think that is on their end.

As I said in another thread, I've got the feeling that it's to do with the way Leopard handles Airport Disks now. It treats the Extreme as just another Mac with network shares. Because Time Machine can't back up to network shares (yet?) they wouldn't have been able to get it working without enabling that functionality.

Still bloody annoying...more so for the stealth updates of the website than anything else. If you can't put something in, come clean and say "Hey guys, not gonna be in at launch but we're working on adding those features in an upcomming update...or they've been canned altogether." Don't do the "What? No we never said it could do that...no really, look at our website" act...that's seriously lame.

Edit: Otherwise, I'm pretty happy. I haven't enabled Time Machine at all yet...I'm going to have to shuffle things around for that to work now. But Back to my Mac seems to work well and sharing data between my Macs has honestly never been easier! The driver update to Boot Camp was also welcome...I can finally use the function keys on my aluminum wireless keyboard!! :)

Most of the things that I was excited about are in Leopard and I'm stoked about that...I'll be even happier if/when they bring the last few things to the party. Over all, it's a solid update over Tiger in some pretty key places for me (mainly sharing between Macs and controlling the iMac while travelling with the Macbook).

tcn33
28th October 2007, 11:42 AM
Yeah, I'm going to have to leave the club until TM backups over a network share to a non-Leopard Mac are enabled.

jastormont
28th October 2007, 11:59 AM
I am happy so far with no issues. :) (I will probably have major issues with it now though since I posted this :p)

kenexx
28th October 2007, 12:08 PM
No problems for me. I just did the upgrade on my iMac and MacBook. Love it.

dev_enter
28th October 2007, 03:30 PM
... my iChat hack for ICQ no longer works, which isn't all that unexpected. Fixing it could be a problem though.
Fixed! (I think). :)

vicmeldrew
28th October 2007, 04:47 PM
Currently Leopard gets worse with age.....

That really pisses me off!

I'll admit Leopard isn't everything I had hoped for:

Still bloody annoying...

Hey!! Wrong thread fellas!!

I'm in!!!

I did a clean reinstall after previously having an upgrade install. Everything seems fine on my 1.67 Powerbook, 867 Powermac and Imac CD 1.86.

Sharescreen is unbelievably good!!! Mail is great!!!!! Spaces is fantastic!!!!!!