PDA

View Full Version : iTunes - Multiple Covers in Cover Flow

ex5bn
26th October 2007, 08:26 PM
Hi all.

Just a little niggle i'm having with iTunes. Windows Version 7.3.1.3 if it matters...

I have a few albums which have more than one cover showing up in Cover Flow (in some cases, one cover image for each induvidual song), despite the fact that i'm 99% sure all the tracks have exactly the same Album and Artist info...

Is this a common problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Please don't suggest downloading the latest version - a 50Mb download over dialup is painful...

W9cae
26th October 2007, 08:48 PM
Somebody the other day had this issue. Check the artwork for each track. Also make sure the tags are the same for a all tracks on the album. Also the number seq can cause this.

Tiprya
26th October 2007, 09:00 PM
Basically make sure every bit of info is the same, i've had this problem a few times, and the cause has always been some info being different

Group them all, Get Info and tick every box so it forces it all to be the same

ex5bn
26th October 2007, 10:01 PM
I tried that, and i'm positive that the info is the same across all tracks. I'm probably gonna re-rip the albums if i can't work it out, but any more suggestions are welcome :)

Thanks anyway guys!

PS. I have to download the new iTunes anyway, as my brother's girlfriend just got a new iPod Nano... Curse thy dialup!

Redman
26th October 2007, 10:08 PM
Scroll through each song in the Album & check if it is only 1 or 2 songs on that album that are flipping to the duplicate cover. If so, get info then cut & paste the artist & album name, using a song from the cover with the MOST songs linked to it, to the one that is the orphan.

I have found this to work for me. I think that sometimes an extra space or Capital LeTTer can screw things up a little ;)

matthewk
3rd July 2008, 12:43 PM
I'm having the same problem as ex5bn was. I'm using iTunes 7.6.2 on OSX 10.5.4. I've followed the tips from above but I still have multiple images in cover art:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/matthewkokai/itunes-2.png

Or larger. (http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/matthewkokai/itunes.png)

Some of the files are duplicated (for AAC and MP3 files when burning MP3 discs), however I had the same problem back when it was just AAC. I've made sure all of them share the same album information, down to ensuring they share the same BPM. Is the only way to fix this to rip the CD again?

The Architect.mac
3rd July 2008, 12:45 PM
highlight all the tracks in the album and 'get info'...

metatag them as disc 1 of 1

sometimes ticking the compilation checkbox will bring them back together as a last resort...

cheers

astr0b0y
3rd July 2008, 12:53 PM
You have duplicates and different file types! I think your idea of deleting and ripping again is the best solution.

matthewk
3rd July 2008, 12:56 PM
metatag them as disc 1 of 1

That didn't work.

However I added a genre, when I realised there was none, to the songs and suddenly all one album. Go figure.

SadSapp
22nd January 2009, 10:39 PM
same problem.. when i ticked part of compilation it sorted it out. Then I unticked part of compilation again and it stayed as one album cover.