PDA

View Full Version : MSN not working?

dolbinau
26th October 2007, 05:28 PM
Can anyone connect to MSN using messenger for mac? It doesn't appear to be working. The status page said there was no network problems (messenger website).

m2e
26th October 2007, 05:37 PM
The status page said there was no network problems (messenger website).
That page NEVER (or nearly ever) says theres ever a problem:rolleyes:

iPirate
26th October 2007, 06:11 PM
Simple solution: Don't use MSN messenger for Mac. I use Adium on Mac and portable GAIM elsewhere if I am forced to use MSN directly. Otherwise I just use iChat with a Jabber transport :)

Good luck tho. Hope you get your connection back.

dolbinau
26th October 2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks, I get issues with Adium and all third party clients atm too (At least it's signing in though, I think it's something to do with my e-mail) it appears to not work only for my:

@messengeruser.com e-mail.

Infact, any @messengeruser.com e-mail isn't working in msn but @hotmail. etc.. is..

Maybe it's a server issue? Hopefully It's fixed. GUH.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how to delete the remembered e-mails in messenger for mac?

Huy
26th October 2007, 09:24 PM
It is working for me?

dolbinau
26th October 2007, 09:30 PM
Do you use an @messengeruser.com sign in? Does anyone here; can they confirm it's working/not working?

Dante Kyar
27th October 2007, 01:36 PM
i cant get adium to work with leopard. Anyone else having an issue?

For me it just wont connect, just says its connecting all the time. Using an @hotmail.com address.

Huy
27th October 2007, 02:07 PM
To dolbinau,
No sorry I am not using @messengeruser.com sign-in.

DJY
30th October 2007, 07:34 PM
I wish I could just get all my PC mates using Skype or even set up AIM (for me in iChat).

MSN is annoying, and now with Adium not working with Leopard I wish every client would just start playing nicely with each other! It isn't as if we are paying for a service - so they can't be making money from these... can they?!?!

andrew.wilson
30th October 2007, 07:41 PM
I wish I could just get all my PC mates using Skype or even set up AIM (for me in iChat).

MSN is annoying, and now with Adium not working with Leopard I wish every client would just start playing nicely with each other! It isn't as if we are paying for a service - so they can't be making money from these... can they?!?!

I feel the exact same way. When I get a chance I am going to set up iChat to run either a .mac or AIM account for use with my friends with Macs (who have either .mac or AIM) and then also combine that with a MSN Jabber transport so I can still talk (text only) to those who are stupid enough to stay with MSN...I hear that iChat can put all those contacts together now so that should be great! :thumbup:

DJY
30th October 2007, 07:59 PM
...combine that with a MSN Jabber transport so I can still talk (text only) to those who are stupid enough to stay with MSN...I hear that iChat can put all those contacts together now so that should be great! :thumbup:

iChat can do MSN via jabber eh? and list them all together?
Now I must look into that!

MrJesseRoss
30th October 2007, 08:03 PM
Yeah, iChat's been able to do MSN via Jabber transports for some time now. I used to use it until the Jabber service I was using flaked out and never sent messages through.

DavyG
30th October 2007, 08:07 PM

Like languages, I wish the world would agree on one unified messenger service.

dolbinau
30th October 2007, 08:54 PM
It ended up being a problem on Microsoft's side (I e-mailed support), Been back for a few days now, thanks anyway :D.

iPirate
30th October 2007, 09:02 PM
Yeah, iChat's been able to do MSN via Jabber transports for some time now. I used to use it until the Jabber service I was using flaked out and never sent messages through.

To ensure my messages always go through, I use msn.jabber.no as my primary transport, and I run an Openfire server on my Mac as my backup transport. It always runs, just it doesn't display people's avatars or status messages. Unfortunately that forces me to have two logins saved in iChat's preferences but I can live with that.

DJY
3rd November 2007, 09:32 AM
anyone been able to create a new jabber account / get connected to a Jabber server since Leopard?

Existing connections seem to be ok for some people - but a few of us have tried various Jabber servers to create a new account - and it fails mostly due to Certificate being self signed?