PDA

View Full Version : adium and video conferencing?

HZ-GTS
18th October 2007, 07:49 PM
i know i could do it with msn ... CAN you do it with adium at all ?

Brains
18th October 2007, 07:51 PM
Nope. Not at all. More's the pity.

B.

raf
20th October 2007, 12:30 PM
Not until libpurple (formerly libgaim) and the Pidgin project work out MSNp13 or whatever it's up to now. Does AIM allow video chat?

Are you sure you can even do it on Messenger:Mac? I'm pretty sure it's not even available on that. I read something a while ago saying that they're changing how all the A/V works in the Mac version to the new format which the Windows builds will eventually become. Not holding my breath though.

iChat is pretty much the best for Mac->Mac video. Skype for Mac->Windows.

thorevenge
20th October 2007, 01:11 PM
Are you sure you can even do it on Messenger:Mac? I'm pretty sure it's not even available on that. I read something a while ago saying that they're changing how all the A/V works in the Mac version to the new format which the Windows builds will eventually become. Not holding my breath though.

I read this somewhere as well. Apparently in a moment of clarity the people who write the MSN protocol itself are using something different that will allow the features of the protocol to be integrated into different clients relatively easily. This means that MSN for Windows and Mac in theory would have the same features available to the clients, just a different look and wrapper.

kendals
21st October 2007, 02:25 PM
I'll believe it when I see it...