PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo "Push" email

Beaner
17th October 2007, 07:34 PM
Guys,

I am finding my Yahoo "push" email pretty hit and miss. Like a lot of the time it doesn't push, i need to go in and Refresh it constantly.

What is Apple's definition of "push" ? Am I missing the point here ?

redgsr
17th October 2007, 11:28 PM
I can't get it to work properly either.

choy
18th October 2007, 11:14 AM
are you sure you've got the right yahoo email? Because only the US Yahoo mail will work. A local email account (yahoo.com.au) will NOT work for push.

I have push on my yahoo.com email and it works fine. The only time it doesn't is if there is no reception or if I have turned it off.

Beaner
18th October 2007, 05:40 PM
Yes I have the right yahoo account, signed up to Yahoo US. When you say turned off do you mean the screen switched off or the whole phone ?

reni10
20th October 2007, 08:29 AM
are you sure you've got the right yahoo email? Because only the US Yahoo mail will work. A local email account (yahoo.com.au) will NOT work for push.

I have push on my yahoo.com email and it works fine. The only time it doesn't is if there is no reception or if I have turned it off.

Is this working over wi-fi or EDGE/GPRS?

My Yahoo Push Email does NOT seem to work over wi-fi!

tcn33
20th October 2007, 09:56 AM
Push email works for me over wi-fi.

reni10
21st October 2007, 04:43 PM
Push email works for me over wi-fi.

How did you get this to work?

I have setup 2 separate Yahoo .com email accounts, 1 old, 1 new and neither of them will work with Push email on my iPhone!

gehenna
21st October 2007, 05:16 PM
you have to be a paying yahoo mail user don't you?

reni10
21st October 2007, 06:52 PM
you have to be a paying yahoo mail user don't you?

I do not believe you do have to pay!

It was one of the free things that was advertised when the iPhone was being launched.

I cannot get it to work and have been trying for 2 weeks now!

Anyone got a definitive guide to get this working?

Johnny Appleseed
14th June 2008, 09:15 AM
So what's the status of Yahoo! push e-mail with the new iPhone 3G? Has it been replaced by MobileMe? If not, will Aussie users get Yahoo! push?

Linux_insidev2
14th June 2008, 10:12 AM
So what's the status of Yahoo! push e-mail with the new iPhone 3G? Has it been replaced by MobileMe? If not, will Aussie users get Yahoo! push?

Hopefully they'll enable the IMAP Idle command in the email app, which means you will have IMAP based push on any IMAP server that supports IDLE

juicecorp
29th July 2008, 11:53 PM
Also having trouble with Yahoo mail. When I was testing it, the first email would get pushed then when I tried to send another one through from my gmail account....nothing it did not get pushed?

I kept trying getting my brother to send me emails off his Blackberry but it did not get pushed through.

Does anyone know what is wrong are others having the same problems?