PDA

View Full Version : Ripped DVD?

obrien
17th October 2007, 03:31 PM
Hi all,

I got sent a digital copy of a DVD someone had ripped.

When I opened the folder it had 98 items in it.
95 of those items were files named (name of dvd).pal.dvdr-dna.r**
The ** are the numbers 00 to 93 and one file .rar
The other three items were:
one labeled .pal.dvdr-dna.nfo
one labeled pal.dvdr-dna.sfv
one folder entitled "sample" and inside that folder is a file labeled (name of dvd).pal.dvdr-dna.vob

I dragged a couple of the files onto VLC and it showed them as 30 second videos of the DVD I had been sent.
I realise the files are RAR files.
I tried burning the folder to DVD, but it is 4.41GB
I then tried to use the UnArchiver to decode the RAR but that didn't help me with being able to burn them to DVD and play them.

How do I get this folder of 30 second videos to burn to DVD so I can watch it on my DVD player?
Or else if that isn't possible, how can I get it to be one long video so I can watch it on my computer?

Thanks in advance

iPirate
17th October 2007, 03:46 PM
Un-rar the files and see what you get... you should either get a DVD image or a VIDEO_TS folder. Sounds like a full-quality version... compress the un-rared result via Toast Titanium to single-layer DVD.

Apart from that... I do hope this is a *legal* DVD-rip.

Mac Ram
17th October 2007, 03:48 PM
Rar files are compressed files (like .zip) - very prevalent in binary newsgroups.

Use http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11858 (MacPar deLuxe) to de-compress.

You will most likely find it's one file split up.

teddlefish
19th January 2009, 05:52 PM
Hey all,

I was sent a copy of a dvd someone had ripped for me. They saved it as an .iso file. Now when i mount the image and try to play it, the dvd scrambles and freezes the dvd player.

I have the idea that the Copy Protection was not removed in the rip process. What can i do to make it work?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

teddlefish

p.s- i'm fairly computer illiterate so nice simple steps would be appreciated.

Goodbye
19th January 2009, 06:16 PM
Sorry, but discussing this is not permitted on MacTalk.