PDA

View Full Version : New nano Crashes on connect

The Fluffy Duck
9th October 2007, 11:05 AM
My new 3rd gen nano now crashes on connect to my mac. As far as the computer is concered its as if nothing was connected at all no itunes no mounted drive.

The ipod freeezes on the connected screen and I am forced to reset every time.

I have rest my computer tried new usb ports and of course many times reset the ipod any ideas ?

The Architect.mac
9th October 2007, 11:38 AM
system profiler - any ideas, might be just a dud mate... try the old 5 apple r's but sounds like you are already onto that...

The Fluffy Duck
9th October 2007, 12:24 PM
The 5 apple r's didnt work. I booted the ipod into diskmode and it was recognised so I did an imeadiate restore. So far so good I dont know if the problem will return. I guess it helps to have disk mdoe enabled even if you dont use it :(

The Fluffy Duck
9th October 2007, 08:19 PM
Nope problem returned. Should I take it back? or could it be just he new firmware. Apple have a habbt recently of making the device run worse with new firmware (point in case APEBS n).

Would I get it replaced immediately or wait for a million years to get it looked at?

Huy
9th October 2007, 08:47 PM
Updated the firmware again? (1.0.3. or whatever it is?)

Just came out recently... though maybe you have that applied?

The Fluffy Duck
9th October 2007, 08:49 PM
yeah I did a restore. 1.0.2 is the latest :(

mattsfk
9th October 2007, 09:26 PM
Hmm I'm not sure if this is any help but I've got the new firmware update... and no problems so far. Maybe yours is slightly defective? :O