PDA

View Full Version : Putting keys back on Macbook Pro keyboard

prince
5th October 2007, 09:56 AM
my q key was feeling a bit stiff so i took it off to clean under it, now i can't get the damn key back on.

is there a special way to put them back on? because i can get the top half clips to lock in but not the bottom half or vice versa.

Boney_Ahem
8th October 2007, 07:10 PM
my q key was feeling a bit stiff so i took it off to clean under it, now i can't get the damn key back on.

is there a special way to put them back on? because i can get the top half clips to lock in but not the bottom half or vice versa.

I found this technique and hope it helps you:

I used a toothpick to put it back. First, I removed the plastic riser-thing from the back of the key cap, and installed it on the keyboard. Next, I used a toothpick inserted from above (next to the comma key) to keep the riser-thing elevated, and slid the key cap down so the tabs on the riser slid into the slot in the cap. Finally, I gently pushed the key cap down until the top tabs on the riser clicked into the holding slots on the cap.

macman_99
8th October 2007, 07:16 PM
the way i found when my old keyboard on my powerbook had a key fall off was demand a new one.

worked quite well after that.

(and i had marked the old one, so i knew it was a replacement.)