PDA

View Full Version : Old Girlfriends - Some are good at certain things - Browser Wars

Flinders1231
3rd October 2007, 08:30 PM
I use mostly Safari these days - & one of the major reasons is that I can read PDF files within Safari which happens to suit my tedious operational needs. Never-the -l ess I am somewhat unsatisfied - whenever I go back to my old girlfriend - Camino - she always seems to understand what I want better than the ever so sweet Safari, but she ( Camino) refuses to do PDF's.. I always get lost when Browser issues get discussed - because I do not understand what its all about - Safari is solid but unexciting - but to some of you out there she is the only girl in town! To me Camino seems magical even if she cannot PDF.

MrJesseRoss
3rd October 2007, 08:37 PM
Erm... That's nice. :confused:

Aa
3rd October 2007, 08:37 PM
Can't she adobe reader pdf? the latest versions are much better than the old ones...

Rasta
3rd October 2007, 08:39 PM
Yes... yes, you're right...

No... no, you're wrong...

:confused::confused:

NORMANDY
3rd October 2007, 08:40 PM
- Safari is solid but unexciting - but to some of you out there she is the only girl in town! To me Camino seems magical even if she cannot PDF.

http://passionemac.files.wordpress.com/2006/11/mac_girl.jpg

i'd prefer this girl using my mac :)

Galumay
3rd October 2007, 08:51 PM
jpicard, i told you not to show that photo of my wife to anyone!

lavo
3rd October 2007, 09:03 PM
Safari just works. Unexciting it may be, but I like the fact that it works. I still use Omniweb from time to time, but I sometimes think it is overburdened with too many features (hence why I have not switched to Flock either).

On a side note, you know if you are a geek if you spend time admiring how clean the back of that TiBook is rather than admiring what is holding the TiBook :D

icant
3rd October 2007, 09:06 PM
I left Firefox with all the customisable addons, to use Safari, purely for the inline PDF display. I read so many PDFs online, it was a pain to download them, read them, and delete them. Safari saved time on the last part, and allows me to just save the ones I want to keep.

The Firefox add-on I miss most is the del.icio.us one.

arkenstone
3rd October 2007, 09:07 PM
<turns thread into browser war discussion>
Opera.

Mouse gestures + speed dial. The perfect aid for the lazy geek.

marc
3rd October 2007, 09:32 PM
WebKit renders best, so no matter what I use, it has to be based on WebKit.

Aa
3rd October 2007, 09:39 PM
<continues browser war>

If you need a bazillion addons then go Firefox,

if you want a smooth osx integrated user experience for the other 90% of the time, go Safari + inquisitor - Superior bookmark handling, Superior tab management and Superior contextual menu options (for 90% of your needs)

bennettnz
3rd October 2007, 10:37 PM
I am in love with that floor...

timothy
3rd October 2007, 10:46 PM
safari for beautiful fonts....