PDA

View Full Version : HP laserjet 3330

Josh
16th February 2005, 11:42 AM
Hi Everyone, have an HP laserjet 3330 which is a great printer, that is if I could get it to work on 10.3.8! Have tried HP driver (useless) and also to set it up through print utilities, but it is not listed (3030, 3230, 3280 all listed ) has anyone managed to get one of these to work???? Please help me I'm going crazy!!!! :blink:

Byrd
17th February 2005, 11:05 AM
Hi Josh,

does HP offer updated drivers for this under 10.3.8 from their site? They may not yet, owing to the recent update of 10.3.8 - but give it time, I'm sure it'll turn up :)

JB

pipsqeek
17th February 2005, 11:13 AM
You can try this:
http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php3

Or....and I'm only guessing. Try just selecting a 3000 series driver from the list... if there is one. As this might be enough to get it working.

I know when I use to go to TAFE, I'd just have the 4000 Series driver selected cause each classroom had either a 4000N, 4020, 4050, etc. and this worked for each.

pipsqeek

Josh
17th February 2005, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the idea's guys, have now tried gimp print but to no avail, found a suggestion to use hp laserjet 6 series driver, but still no action. The main issue seems to be that the computer wont even recognise the printer as being connected to the usb port at all (tried with both my G5 dual 2 and 17" powerbook). Went and wasted $35 on a usb/parallel as read somewhere that this may be a fix, and whilst I can at least get the printer recognised (though only as the adapter) it will only print random asci ???? Major incompatibility issue with cups me thinks!

HP drivers only available up to 10.2

Any other thoughts appreciated

pipsqeek
18th February 2005, 09:45 AM
That is a shame.

If I find anything during my travels through the Land of Net (the Internet). I'll post it here.

pipsqeek