PDA

View Full Version : Second hand Macbook?

imonkey
30th September 2007, 09:09 AM
Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on where i could pickup a preloved macbook for roughly $800-1000? I'm in the Melbourne area, and since my ibook died ... (tragically i think it's the logic board) i've been looking for a temp replacement while i'm working out a deal to get a macbook pro.

I've also searched tradingpost, gumtree, and ebay .. but to no avail ;p Anyone got a macbook stashed in a corner they dont want? haha!

Thanks giys for any recommendations!

Currawong
30th September 2007, 09:51 AM
There are a list of firesales in the first post of the Hardware Specials you've spotted thread (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/showthread.php?t=10040) which tend to be a good source of bargain macs.

mwot
30th September 2007, 10:30 AM
i may part with my 2ghz CD Macbook, as I've been thinking about moving to a MBP. not sure what price it would fetch at the moment, but i may give it some thought. i'm also in Melb.

imonkey
30th September 2007, 10:58 AM
Thanks for that Currawong! That thread sure was a good read! :)

Hey Mwot! Sweet, if you decide to sell at around the $800-$1000 mark, please feel free to PM me, where abouts in melbourne are you? I dont mind doing a pickup too.

I was interested in buying today.. or ASAP, but no rush, i'll see how other research pans out too :)

Thanks!