PDA

View Full Version : Help Pismo PMU/BAT Board Missing Cap

Fear
15th February 2005, 02:00 PM
Hi, gota pismo here that ide 5v rail on the hard drive died as a result i checked out my PMU/Bat board and found some pics on the net seems i am missing a capacitor surface mount type i have access to plenty of these but i dont know what is needed pics ive found on the net are way to blurry can somone put up a pic of there powerboard or please tell me the uF ratting and volts any help would be much apreciated.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~fear./images/Pismo%20PMU.jpg

purana
15th February 2005, 02:37 PM
Sorry I aint upto date on the old code names for machines.. could you give me specific model info (apart from the pismo code name).

I am guessing an old ibook g3 calm shell? or am I too far back.

iSlayer
15th February 2005, 02:38 PM
its a g3 powerbook
it was the last g3 powerbook
400/500mhz with firewire

purana
15th February 2005, 02:46 PM
Found it.. looks like the picture on the apple parts and configs pages are not high enough resolution to make such a thing out, and further more the part picture is wrong way up. It shows the opposite side to what you have pictured.

I can tell you its;

661-2287 - Card, Power Supply

Sorry I cant get you a detailed picture of it as requested.

Fear
15th February 2005, 03:35 PM
Thanks for ya help anyways guys, i can get a spare board from powertech in brisbane for $100 , tho ouch. :)
yes this is for a 500mhz firewire pismo, damn nice lappy tho i think problem might be with the logic board also not sure,only thing wrong with it is no 5v on the ide boots up fine with a os 9.2 bootable cd with out the hard drive conected, every thing works fine in os9,i can read 5v on pins 45 on ide when hard drive is not conected reads 1.8v when conected sigh to me seems the powerboard's cap mising is the issue,i think its worth the $100 to try and get it going if not expect to see pismo bits up for sale on ebay :P

Currawong
17th February 2005, 09:07 AM
Fear, I have to say it - for everyone's sake please write shorter sentences properly punctuated :)