PDA

View Full Version : PBG4 running to acer screen - heat/noise issues!

Bexford
19th September 2007, 11:35 AM
hi all

my PBG4 works beautifully with my acer 19" screen but its beginning to run very hot...as soon as I pull the powercord out the side of the laptop, the fan slows down and cuts out completely - to give me a lovely peaceful working environment :) but no image :( and I get the 'no signal' message in the centre of the screen.

is there any way I can use the PB in conjunction with the screen and AVOID having the powercord plugged in so i can have peace?!!

any help appreciated!

cheers
bexford

Arkhum_Eramak
19th September 2007, 01:16 PM
PowerBooks wont run in clamshell mode without a Power Supply (I guess to indicate if it isn't plugged in).

Elevate the PowerBook (with space underneath for airflow), get an iCurve or something similar, and that should keep it quieter. I used to have my PowerBook propped on two DVD cases just to give it a bit of height and airflow.

Otherwise...live with it? The only truly silent computer I've ever used was the G4 cube...mmm....thems were the days....

Bexford
19th September 2007, 02:39 PM
hi there.....i guessed as much so thank you for the tips! I have got a metal phone stand from cheap as chips that I used to use months ago so it's now propped up on that and humming gently...cheers for reminding me of its existence!