PDA

View Full Version : IceTV Dashboard widget version 1.25 beta

marc
18th September 2007, 11:04 AM
Please let us know if you have any issues with this new version.

What's new in version 1.25?
- Bug fixes.
- OS X "Leopard" 10.5 essential fixes.
- Removed support for directly setting EyeTV to record from within the widget as there's been direct support for IceTV in EyeTV for a while. There will be a better method for this in the 2.0 version of the widget.

This will probably be the last update until version 2.0 comes out in a couple of months.

Download: IceTV dashboard widget version 1.25 (http://islayer.com/downloadR.php?id=1004&type=1)

marc
18th September 2007, 05:08 PM
All working ok?

I can see a few of you have downloaded it ;)

mvjs
18th September 2007, 06:14 PM
Working great for me :thumbup: 10.4.10

marc
18th September 2007, 06:24 PM
Cheers!

Now what about the other 12 of you? ;)

Don't be shy!

grfxninja
18th September 2007, 06:48 PM
All working fine here except still no support for channel logos for some regional channels like WIN TV and Southern Cross 10 (QLD Regional)

bullrout
18th September 2007, 06:56 PM
Looks OK to me.

DJY
18th September 2007, 06:57 PM
Works fine for me

Southern Cross - I have SC
Prime is Prime...
but 9 for WIN (same as last version)

but from the notes above I gather they didn't add any logos in this update grfxninja.

Peter Wells
18th September 2007, 07:00 PM
working fine here...

iSlayer
18th September 2007, 07:03 PM
but from the notes above I gather they didn't add any logos in this update grfxninja.

There were a couple but certainly not all. Im sure any posted here will get fixed in the official release

seagate
18th September 2007, 07:20 PM
Working fine here too...

DJY
18th September 2007, 07:23 PM
There were a couple but certainly not all. Im sure any posted here will get fixed in the official release

Thanks mate - I'm Canberra then for WIN instead of 9 please!

DJY
18th September 2007, 09:44 PM
Just had a thought...
any chance of changing / improving the background when 1.25 comes out of beta?
The black and grey "rows" I think might be nice to change.
Wether on the 3 or 5 item option the "rows" aren't the same width as each different channel...
(I don't know how easy it would be to have each selected TV channel have the alternating colour "background" colour)...

or even maybe just go to black with a line separating each channel if you wanted a way to break up all one colour?

Was just a thought as I was looking at the beta a few times tonight.

iSlayer
18th September 2007, 09:45 PM
I don't think there will be any interface changes in 1.25.
2.0 would be when stuff like that happens

DJY
18th September 2007, 09:59 PM
I don't think there will be any interface changes in 1.25.
2.0 would be when stuff like that happens

how about at 1.3 then? :D

iSlayer
18th September 2007, 10:02 PM
how about at 1.3 then? :D

You will have to ask marc/icetv about that :)

marc
18th September 2007, 11:20 PM
No UI changes until 2.0!

It will be really, really different and much nicer though. What don't you like about the current version?
(Just so you know, changing the shiny background would mean redoing all the station logos too, because I stupidly combined them all like that! Big effort, and probably not much point as work on 2.0 is going to start soon)

bljpoad
19th September 2007, 12:41 AM
All good for me :)

MacNut
19th September 2007, 06:20 AM
Works fine here too :thumbup:

Gerbils
19th September 2007, 06:46 AM
Me download. He work good!

Brewster
19th September 2007, 07:18 AM
It is working fine but I'm getting the "The maximum number of feeds...." warning box all the time (maybe unrelated).

marc
19th September 2007, 10:00 AM
Thanks for testing everyone! Very good to know it's all ok.

Is anyone running Leopard (PM me if you don't want to mention it publicly)?

It is working fine but I'm getting the "The maximum number of feeds...." warning box all the time (maybe unrelated).
Yeah, that's the server trying to stop too many fetches from the same user.

We're looking at ways to improve this.

MidnightMan
19th September 2007, 10:25 AM
All is well here too.

DJY
19th September 2007, 09:01 PM
What don't you like about the current version?
(Just so you know, changing the shiny background would mean redoing all the station logos too, because I stupidly combined them all like that! Big effort, and probably not much point as work on 2.0 is going to start soon)

Sorry I wasn't trying to create work or seem critical...- and for the record... I love your widgets... and this one is one of my most frequently viewed!

Just with us having the islayer bar so high with not only the widgets you offer - but also the clever, clean and innovative way of displaying info (aka iStat nano et al)... just not sure that the black and grey stripes are my thing.

Either of 3 or 5 display the lines aren't the width of each channel but rather it seems the grey and black line - is exactly half way through each channel logo / title / number. Means that often the one line of text (television show) is over that area.

Visually looking at the whole widget - I guess having grey and black lines breaks up a large square (if it was only one colour)... but mmm maybe I'm just used to it, sick of it, or its dated... but I'm always keen to aesthetics and evolution.

marc
25th October 2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks everyone.

Widget released (just in time for Leopard!).