PDA

View Full Version : iPhoto 08 - No Export! (and fix)

jeloz
16th September 2007, 08:39 PM
Evening all

I had an issue where iPhoto 08 (7.02 / 341) stopped exporting (at all) and thought this was due to my facebook exporter which I trashed and then re-installed. No Luck!

Then Google was my friend and i found this fix

"I was finally successful at making this fix after trying many of the suggestions from all of the users on this and other forums - not one of which worked, including removing all Internet Plug-Ins, and a complete re-install (GRRR)."

The fix was simple:

Quit iPhoto
"Get Info" on the iPhoto application (in my case, version 7.0.2)
At the bottom of the iPhoto.app info window, open the Plug-Ins pane
iPhoto '08 installer sometimes leaves TWO file export plug-ins installed, the older one for iPhoto '06 (titled "FileExporter.iPhotoExplorer") and the newer one for the new iPhoto '08 (titled "FileExporter2.iPhotoExporter")
UN-CHECK (to disable) the first FileExporter plug-in (the one not containing the number "2")
Not necessary to remove the plug-in
Close get info box
Relaunch iPhoto.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1104573&tstart=135

All working again now - maybe it will be fixed officially in the next update

Cheers

Jeloz

Currawong
16th September 2007, 09:17 PM
Wow, I didn't even realise that you could control the plug-ins of some applications using the Get Info window. I'll have to play around and see what other apps I can do that with.

jeloz
16th September 2007, 10:15 PM
Wow, I didn't even realise that you could control the plug-ins of some applications using the Get Info window. I'll have to play around and see what other apps I can do that with.

me neither

though me not play!

Jeloz