PDA

View Full Version : Help! Mac and Window server 2003

lechien
14th September 2007, 11:58 AM
my office has 8 Mac machines with the different version of Mac Operating system, 20 PC with Windows XP,
I have to manage the LAN also include MAC and PC though the server with Windows 2003 server.
Please help me.

decryption
14th September 2007, 12:21 PM
Ahh, what do you want the Macs to do exactly? Authenticate against your Active Directory? Access file and print sharing? Access the internet? Do you want to manage the Macs and Windows computers together on the same machine with asset tracking/fault logging/application manaagement?

Need a bit more detail :)

lechien
17th September 2007, 12:26 PM
Thank you!

Authenticate against Active directory
file and printer sharing
Access the internet

Those are all requirements of my system.
And would you like to explain to me about "manage the Macs and Windows computers together on the same machine with asset tracking/fault logging/application management"
Thank you very much!

Currawong
17th September 2007, 02:22 PM
What Macs are they and what are they running?

lechien
17th September 2007, 07:34 PM
I have

4 iMac G4, G5 installed Mac OS 10.4.9
2 iMac 02 installed Mac OS 9.2
1 imac 9600 installed Mac OS 8.2
1 powerbook installed Mac OS 9.2

decryption
17th September 2007, 07:46 PM
To get the machines accessing the internet, all you need to do is plug them in via ethernet into your current network infrastructure and if you're using DHCP, you don't have to do a thing.

To get the OS X machines logging into AD and using the file and print services, check this page out: http://www.apple.com/itpro/articles/adintegration/

And you aren't going to get any OS 9 machines authenticating against AD - plain and simple. Upgrade or leave them off AD.

lechien
17th September 2007, 10:34 PM
Thank you very much!
This information is so important to me!