PDA

View Full Version : Question about Wi-Fi

fojean
12th September 2007, 12:28 PM
Hi all,

..bit of a noob question but want to make sure...

can wi-fi be used if the phone is just activated? E.G not unlocked?

I have a 3 network USIM sim and realise that these do not work with the unlock method/s.

I'm considering purchasing an iphone and using all other features except the phone...would it be possible to use wi-fi?

thanks all

jubilantjeremy
12th September 2007, 12:56 PM
Hi man, welcome!

My understanding is that the Wi-Fi can be used regardless of the state of unlock - but someone will doubtless come along and correct me on that..

Do you need one right now? I'm going to wait for a few weeks and see what software hacks are possible with the iPod touch - sounds like that could fit the bill more closely for you (why pay for the phone part if you're not using it, and the touch is basically an iphone minus the phone?)

Cheers,

Jeremy

PS It's helpful to people who browse the 'recent topics' sidebar if you include a bit more info in your thread title - like - 'Question about iPhone WiFi pre-unlock' :)

fojean
12th September 2007, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the reply jj...sounds promising..

Not sure whether I need one right now but I WANT one right now!!!...can't wait to get my hands on one...at some stage I want to use its phone features as I don;t want to lug around two devices...
do you think that there may be a solution for the 3 USIm card in this current version of the iPhone? or will the 3G iPhone see all those 3 account holders jump on board?