PDA

View Full Version : Buying a mobile phone online? Need advice.

NORMANDY
8th September 2007, 06:52 PM
I am looking at getting a mobile online ( I dont need a plan or pre paid etc..) its just to replace a very old Nokia (about 6 year old phone).. so anyways, just wondering if people have any recommendations on web site to buy from.

One site that I got is exeltek.com.au. which is local, and is the cheapest for the model I am after, anyone had experience with these people?

melbmac
8th September 2007, 07:10 PM
I got mine from www.ow.com.au this time basically because I know they will help me out quickly if I have any issues (i've been burnt before).

They're not cheap tho.

harps
8th September 2007, 07:46 PM
I'd also recommend Organiser World. Whilst I havent bought a mobile phone from them, I have purchased palm products and they where great getting my palm to sync with my Mac when we first purchased it.

macman_99
8th September 2007, 07:52 PM
just finished getting my new nokia E65 online, i got it from the guys i heard that one of the mods used, www.nextmobile.com.au (http://www.nextmobile.com.au)

only thing is you should check if you're in the white pages online at your address, otherwise they won't ship to you if you use a credit card.

Other than that, good prices and good phone choices

halledise
8th September 2007, 08:37 PM
I am looking at getting a mobile online ( I dont need a plan or pre paid etc..) its just to replace a very old Nokia (about 6 year old phone).. so anyways, just wondering if people have any recommendations on web site to buy from.

One site that I got is exeltek.com.au. which is local, and is the cheapest for the model I am after, anyone had experience with these people?

http://www.imobile.com.au/NewReleases

is the way to go - then either ebay or google or www.shopbot.com.au for your best buys.

Alec Fraser
8th September 2007, 10:06 PM
www.mobilestop.com.au isn't too bad either.

Edit: nevermind, looks like it's closed down.

scruffie
8th September 2007, 10:27 PM
www.techoni.com.au

i haven't used it but i've heard that its good.

choy
8th September 2007, 10:34 PM
Having seen online mobile stores come and go over the last 6 years, the ones that are in it for the long haul (and I trust) are:

www.ow.com.au (organiser world)
www.techoni.com.au
www.simplymobile.com.au
www.kalk.com.au

You can try exceltek if you want, but I'd only recommend them if you have been to their physical store. The above stores either have a physical store or have been in the business for many years and are unlikely to shut down in the week after you pay!

NORMANDY
10th September 2007, 02:47 PM
Having seen online mobile stores come and go over the last 6 years, the ones that are in it for the long haul (and I trust) are:

www.ow.com.au (organiser world)
www.techoni.com.au
www.simplymobile.com.au
www.kalk.com.au

You can try exceltek if you want, but I'd only recommend them if you have been to their physical store. The above stores either have a physical store or have been in the business for many years and are unlikely to shut down in the week after you pay!

Thanks I will check out those sites :)