PDA

View Full Version : iTunes 7.4.1 now available through iTunes update

gmask1
8th September 2007, 02:39 PM
... but not yet on software update.

"With iTunes 7.4, sync your favorite music and more with the new iPod nano (third generation), iPod classic, and iPod touch, plus create custom ringtones exclusively for iPhone with many of your favorite songs purchased from the iTunes Store. You can now also play purchased videos with closed captioning (when available), easily rate your favorite albums from one to five stars, and watch videos at a larger size inside the iTunes window."

Edit: It is now... must be hot off the press.

W9cae
8th September 2007, 02:46 PM
hmmmmm I wonder if they put this out cause I was trying to hack coverflow to work on older ipod video ?

Thanks for the heads up

[MREVO8]
8th September 2007, 03:02 PM
I wonder if this fixes the problem where my games are missing and wont load to the iPod.

W9cae
8th September 2007, 03:13 PM
Don't know if this is your problem as I don't know if you have a new iPod. But it seems the games avail on iTunes only work with the old iPods. They have not released any games to work on the new models. And its not clear if you will have to purchase the game again. Info found on iLounge forum

[MREVO8]
8th September 2007, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I just read that info in iTunes... sucks a bit.

leon
8th September 2007, 04:50 PM
Appears they are patching the hack that let people put ringtones on their iPhone.

aafuss
9th September 2007, 12:57 PM
Workaround for custom tones (made by ringtone making software)
http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/08/itunes-7-4-1-ringtones-re-rename-workaround-discovered/

Apple will again try to stop the hacks in 7.4.2.

But renaming other kinds of music and video files-should be fine.