PDA

View Full Version : iPhoto Duplicates

Aa
7th September 2007, 09:52 AM
I'm trying to resolve a whole load of iPhoto5 duplicates as quickly and hassle free as possible this morning and i've come accross iPhoto Diet (http://www.rhythmiccanvas.com/software/iphotodiet/) which looks to be the goods.

I have seen it mentioned on forums though that a "database update" is recommended before starting it. I'm not sure if i'm doing this correctly though... cmd-opt-click on the app? it seems to just open iPhoto normally. Am i missing something?

Also, any other tips or stories on peoples experiences resolving dupes would be appreciated,

cheers

Aa
7th September 2007, 10:07 AM
C'mon people, no one ever attacked their iPhoto library?..

detail
7th September 2007, 11:00 AM
Press Shift-Option while starting up iPhoto will get the option to rebuild the library.

I've played around with iPhoto diet a bit and can say that it is a good idea to have a good backup. And on DVD as well. Its really easy to get rid of the wrong photos. It gets really confusing when you start to reimport any wrongly deleted photos. Well it did for me.

The change to iPhoto 6 is a dramatic improvement in speed and organisation in scrolling. iPhoto 6 worked much better on my G4 400 as well as the G5. You get full screen photos etc. The improvement in the latest version is less significant.

If you use iPhoto 08 you can just hide the photos you don't want to see.

Aa
7th September 2007, 11:07 AM
Cheers for that detail..

i used cmd-opt-click to update the database (have to keep holding cmd-opt till the dialogue comes up) and ticked all of the boxes.

I'm updating the database now (slooooow) and i'll attack iPhoto diet in "about 7 minutes" ie:half and hour...