PDA

View Full Version : How many ipods can sync to itunes?

mattcooper
7th September 2007, 12:56 AM
HEY
How many ipods can you sync to one itunes account ?? My libaray has both itunes purchased music and my music cd collection....?

andrew.wilson
7th September 2007, 01:07 AM
I am not sure if this is what you mean...and take this very skeptically because I refer to when my old man and I got our iPods way back at 3rd gen...

We had to manually manage or else the sync would screw up each of our personal music collections. I guess if you wanted the exact same thing in each iPod this wouldn't be a problem :)

I am guessing you are worrying more about purchased music...I wouldn't know, but I assume DRM free would eliminate this problem.

W9cae
7th September 2007, 01:07 AM
I have 3 iPods synching. I have different content going to each. You just select in the individual iPods config.

mattcooper
7th September 2007, 01:17 AM
I have 3 iPods synching. I have different content going to each. You just select in the individual iPods config.

thanks.. gonna order a ipod touch 16gb and a ipod classic 160gb.. the 16gb on the touch is way to small so ill need both pods

Johnny Appleseed
7th September 2007, 03:37 AM
iTunes downloads can be played on five computers and unlimited iPods.

happyfrappy
7th September 2007, 03:51 AM
You'll never have issues with iTS material.
The only downside of using two iPods on a computer is if you use AudioScrobber or any logging app you'll get invalid errors as the time/date stamps get messed up or out of sync. You need to sync the last played iPod first, then sync the other iPod so time/date stamps are equal.
Last week I learned that mistake while switching from my old 3G iPod to 5.5G iPod between charges.