PDA

View Full Version : MixTapes

Peter Wells
31st August 2007, 08:03 PM
one of the few things i miss about the analogue age is mix tapes. sure you can make mix cds, or even share playlists, but mixtapes were different.

you could send people tapes with no info on the cover, so they had to listen to the whole damn thing and listen to the progression of songs, if like me, you were pathetic enough to put that much effort in..

well, garageband has brought that back for me! create a podcast, mixdown the mixtape, and if your nice, put chapters in aswell so your listeners can eventually skip stuff they dont want.

i know, its been around for ages, but i just made my first garageband mixtape, and it was really fun.

MrJesseRoss
1st September 2007, 09:32 PM
That's actually a really good idea... You control how it's listened to like you could with the mixtape, rather than it being a collection of thrown-together songs that the listener can pick and choose... Excellent!

scruffie
1st September 2007, 10:35 PM
Just give everyone shuffles!

I sometimes swap my ipod with my colleagues and enjoy the ride at work :)

tcn33
1st September 2007, 11:31 PM
well, garageband has brought that back for me! create a podcast, mixdown the mixtape, and if your nice, put chapters in aswell so your listeners can eventually skip stuff they dont want.
You know what, I had never thought of this and it is fucking brilliant. Nice one ftc!