PDA

View Full Version : Connecting via Airport - Permissions problem...

danno74
27th August 2007, 01:17 PM
Was hoping someone might be able to help me here...

I have a Macbook Pro and an iMac G5, and I'm trying to copy and write files to and from the iMac G5, but without much luck - it keeps coming up with a permissions error when I try to copy files. I've tried setting my permissions to read/write and unlocked on both machines, and have set up my file sharing preferences correctly on both machines as well... not sure where to go from here...

By the way, I'm trying to 'Apply to Enclosed Folders' on the iMac, to free up the sharing on all my files, and it comes up with this error:

"The finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "iMac HD" cannot be read or written (Error Code -36)"

Currawong
27th August 2007, 02:45 PM
OS versions? Are you trying to copy to the home folder or another folder? Does the same problem occur if you use ethernet?

macpunc
27th August 2007, 03:16 PM
I have this problem coping to our work machines as well, they are all on 10.4.10, after a few goes, the files eventually copy.

Strange… this happens from time to time on different revisions of mac os x.

cheers

danno74
27th August 2007, 03:40 PM
Both machines are running the exact same software.... yeah, the wireless networking is a bit dodgy.

Haven't tried ethernet yet - am pumping the internet out of the iMac wirelessly, for use by the laptops in the house, so that's a last resort for me.

Bugger of a thing is, I had it working last week - haven't changed anything, and this week it doesn't work!