PDA

View Full Version : Mac Pro ATI X1900XT Freezing Issues

Maticks
21st August 2007, 02:32 PM
Anyone ever seen freezing issues while playing games such as world of warcraft i get large triangles black screens ect.
It all started when i applied the SMC update which apparently im not allowed to roll back.
I've found a heap of articles in regards to this problem and apparently in the USA apple have internal tickets stating manufacturing issues with the X1900 cards in the early mac pro models.

I've had an apple case created 82765194 and have found a 12 page article on http://tinyurl.com/yprcps which is my exact problem in every way.

My problem is ive got 3 years of applecare on my mac pro but i refuse to take my mac into an apple service center two other times i took my powerbook into that hell of a place it took between 4 - 9 weeks to get back and what i said was wrong with it they said after extensive testing your right.
now wait 3 weeks more while we get parts in from the USA.

This time around i know the problem and apparently apple can ship our a replacement card and i ship the faulty one back to them that would be nice if only they could talk to their USA counter parts any suggestions ?

jerrah
21st August 2007, 02:59 PM
The USA WOW players with problems contacted Apple directly and asked them to refer to Blizzard if there was any problems getting the card replaced. I'd suggest you contact Apple Australia directly and if you have problems try getting support from Blizzard.

Maticks
22nd August 2007, 09:34 AM
blizzard are now escallating it with apple.
looks like ill be getting a replacement card after some issues were found with it.