PDA

View Full Version : Airport admin software for windows

W9cae
20th August 2007, 02:33 PM
I need help for someone who has a new airport. A few months ago I purchased an airport express from David Jones. The unit has worked out fantastic to tie my windows pc to my mac.

I have recently upgraded my pc from win2000 to Vista. And I can say Vista has been a good improvment for this old machine.

Problem I have is my airport was old stock from David Jones & it came with airport admin 4.2 for windows. This was fine when my computer was operating on win2000. If David Jones had sold me new stock my airport would have shiped with version 5.0 that supports XP. And I could have upgraded this online to version 5.1 for Vista.

Someplace Apple have messed up & they have not porvided a way to get 5.0 or 5.1. I talked with Apple support today and they are unable to get me a disk.

So I am wondering if any Mactalk user would be willing to email me the Airport admin 5.0 or 5.1 for windows file ?

Cheers Scott

W9cae
20th August 2007, 09:25 PM
Well I guess no one can help me here :(

I was able to find a hack solution, here is the thread for Vista & Airport 5.2.1

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5125351

Use the post from Sam Lowry

Airport Utility 5.2.1 works real nice in Vista. It's just kinda messed up what Apple has done only making 4.2 avail.

Cheers Scott