PDA

View Full Version : Who Has Imported A iPhone

mattcooper
19th August 2007, 03:23 PM
Hey Guys
Just interested in seeing how many guys have imported an iPhone and have it running okay on a Australia Service Provider.

mattatkins
19th August 2007, 04:50 PM
I have imported one. Bought it off ebay. Havent got it working as a phone yet. I'm awaiting the arrival of my TurboSim not too sure when that will be though.

mattcooper
19th August 2007, 04:52 PM
I have imported one. Bought it off ebay. Havent got it working as a phone yet. I'm awaiting the arrival of my TurboSim not too sure when that will be though.

cool. do you mind me asking how much you payed?

mattatkins
19th August 2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah paid US $669 including postage. Think that coverts to about $777 Australian dollars when i bought it.

silverdreamer
19th August 2007, 07:08 PM
Hi Matt, welcome to the world Of Mac.

Check this link for all thing iphone. will answer mos of your questions in that area I think.

http://forums.mactalk.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=47

cosmichobo
19th August 2007, 07:21 PM
Did you have to pay any taxes on it when it arrived in Oz?

I had to shell out 20% or so when I imported a TAM back in 98.

mattmac
19th August 2007, 07:23 PM
You shouldn't have to pay any taxes on anything under $1000 ( usually ).....

mattcooper
19th August 2007, 07:24 PM
Hey if you purchase alot of iTunes content and have it on ya iPod can you still sync that content to ya iPhone and have it on both devices? or is it one device per DRM song

silverdreamer
19th August 2007, 07:32 PM
I know this is off topic Matt, but I just clicked on your Myspace Link.

I just have to ask, why do you want to meet Bill Gates? Are you going to kick him in the nuts for us?:p

And as I said earlier, have a look at the iphone threads, i think most of the questions you have are covered there in some way, we had a bit of an iphone overkill here a few weeks ago when they where released in the US. :cool:

And can I also ask, What actually provoked you to make the sensible move to Apple?

mattcooper
19th August 2007, 07:55 PM
I know this is off topic Matt, but I just clicked on your Myspace Link.

I just have to ask, why do you want to meet Bill Gates? Are you going to kick him in the nuts for us?:p

And as I said earlier, have a look at the iphone threads, i think most of the questions you have are covered there in some way, we had a bit of an iphone overkill here a few weeks ago when they where released in the US. :cool:

And can I also ask, What actually provoked you to make the sensible move to Apple?

LOL I have to edit that myspace... Bugger lol!

Yup Fully understand the iPhone overkill thinge

And why i switched to apple.. Thats an excellent question.... Kinda hard to answer.. Ive been looking at apple products for years just loving the way they do things. Ive been running windows vista since launch and was kinda getting annoyed about a few things with it...

Prob the biggest thing why I switched... im on holidays from work and got holiday pay.. CHA ching.... APPLE

silverdreamer
19th August 2007, 08:00 PM
LOL I have to edit that myspace... Bugger lol!

Yup Fully understand the iPhone overkill thinge

And why i switched to apple.. Thats an excellent question.... Kinda hard to answer.. Ive been looking at apple products for years just loving the way they do things. Ive been running windows vista since launch and was kinda getting annoyed about a few things with it...

Prob the biggest thing why I switched... im on holidays from work and got holiday pay.. CHA ching.... APPLE

Congratulations on a wise choice, Did you get the new model?

mattcooper
19th August 2007, 08:16 PM
Congratulations on a wise choice, Did you get the new model?

sure did.. watched the live web feed of the launch early in the morning.. Then that day ordered the new iMac.. Very HOT.. just the mouse looks out of place. White???

silverdreamer
19th August 2007, 08:23 PM
sure did.. watched the live web feed of the launch early in the morning.. Then that day ordered the new iMac.. Very HOT.. just the mouse looks out of place. White???

Great mouse though, just feed it regularly and keep it clean!:)

mattcooper
19th August 2007, 08:29 PM
Great mouse though, just feed it regularly and keep it clean!:)

Yeah i love when you squeeze it to get that all windows thing.. I think its called Expose'

mattatkins
19th August 2007, 09:17 PM
Did you have to pay any taxes on it when it arrived in Oz?

No didnt have to pay tax on it. Received it with no problems and took about a week to arrive.

cosmichobo
19th August 2007, 09:19 PM

Great reference in "Last of the Time Lords" (season finale of Doctor Who S3)...

"Who ever thought that we would miss Bill Gates?"

Starscream
19th August 2007, 09:24 PM
*waits for peteryan to go on about his iphone*

mattcooper
19th August 2007, 09:42 PM

lol thats funny

find_jackass
19th August 2007, 09:51 PM
oh really ? $777 ? was that only for a 4Gig ones ? they are around the $1000-$1100 marks on ebay aus right now isnt it ?

mattatkins
20th August 2007, 07:11 AM
oh really ? $777 ? was that only for a 4Gig ones ? they are around the $1000-$1100 marks on ebay aus right now isnt it ?

No thats for the 8 gig model. I dont think the seller made much of a profit on it.

peteryan7hao
20th August 2007, 08:02 AM
WHATS THE MATTER WITH YOU GUYS?!?! THIS IS A FORUM FOR PEOPLE TO TALK ABOUT IPHONES, WHAT DID I DO WRONG TO MAKE YOU ACT LIKE A BITCH? THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF OTHER PEOPLE HERE TALK ABOUT THEIR MACS AND IPODS, GO ATTACK THEM!

Tiprya
20th August 2007, 08:36 AM
whoa, it was a joke...

Starscream
20th August 2007, 08:56 AM
settle down yo.

twas a joke.

gameon
20th August 2007, 10:17 AM
we are just jealous mr yan

big450
20th August 2007, 06:33 PM
Hi all at MacTalk,

long time reader, first time poster.

my sister bought me an 8GB iPhone through her friend in the US. It took 5 days to get from Apple, to my sisters house in Melbourne. All orderd online and no hassles from customs.

It's just working as a iPod/PDA atm untill all my supersim stuff arrives :)

find_jackass
25th August 2007, 11:50 AM
Whow ! with the software update . i bet the prices on ebay will go up again.

but ofcourse for the people who hv relatives or friends they can still get someone to send them over. tax and all that.

but really excited with the software lock !! yeah !! big :thumbup:
that just make my day :)

gaehl
25th August 2007, 12:21 PM
My iPhone is currently with the courier in the US working its way here just in time for software unlock!

BTW I bought the 8Gb