PDA

View Full Version : MBP arrived in 2 buisiness days with a $450 discount

kingsdesign
15th August 2007, 08:00 AM
I Became a member of the ADC(apple development connection) you can become a student member for $149 and you will receive a copy of osx some programming tools and a once in a lifetime apple hardware discount. I ordered my 2.2ghz MBP last friday at 5pm. the MBP was $2315 because of my hardware discount.
So I received my dell 24" screen a week early as it was supposed to come next week. My MBP was dus to arrive between the 24th and the 28th.
It arrived yesterday!!
I am so happy with my new MBP as the machine will do everything I throw at it and what a sexy looking laptop.

So if there are any students that want to buy a MBP you will get a nearly $450 discount effective if you add the 149 for the membership.
The discount on a MB is much much less.
for more info look ici http://developer.apple.com/products/

Rik

iSlayer
15th August 2007, 08:15 AM
So if there are any students that want to buy a MBP you will get a nearly $450 discount effective if you add the 149 for the membership.

Not quite $450. If your a student then you would already be able to purchase from the education store so the discount is much much less.

kingsdesign
15th August 2007, 08:25 AM
true, but considering you get a copy of osx which is worth $199 you get a great deal here.
mine arrived yesterday in the welcome pack.

Rik

jerrah
15th August 2007, 08:50 AM
How do you prove you're a student? The adc discount off a Mac Pro is about $500 off the edu price. :cool:

Mikey D
15th August 2007, 09:03 AM
the ADC discount is worth it, even after buying the membership. Good one :)

kingsdesign
15th August 2007, 10:07 AM
How do you prove you're a student? The adc discount off a Mac Pro is about $500 off the edu price. :cool:

I know the discount on the pro systems is way higher that on non pros systems.

I you sign up for a student membership you have to mail or fax a copy of you drivers license or passport and a prove of study. I send my confirmation of enrolement from this semester.

Rik

smilne360
15th August 2007, 11:00 AM
on the imac, if upgraded to what i wanted, iit turns out to be more expensive than buying thru the edu store.

pitty. i would have been able to justify the ADC then..

yinyang
15th August 2007, 11:37 AM
hmmmm - may wait until leopard before joining then!!

msilsby
15th August 2007, 11:41 AM
The discount + a free copy of leopard would make it worthwhile.

For those interested in what the discounts are, go here (http://store.apple.com/AsiaApple/WebObjects/australiaSmallBiz?qprm=55827).

In the case of the imac, all prices on the developer store are less than the student store.

jerrah
15th August 2007, 11:50 AM
How much of a student do you have to be? I'm completing the last subject of a degree. Is full time a requirement?

toliman
17th August 2007, 04:16 AM
no, as long as you have a student ID w/ photo and a confirmation that you attend, i.e. invoices, etc. its good.

it also takes longer to get hardware because of the requirement to verify ID. it's also only fractionally cheaper than picking one up from HK or SG, maybe even alaska (sales tax free US/Canada). YMMV.