PDA

View Full Version : iPhone hack: TurboSIM to the rescue

Edge
14th August 2007, 12:05 AM
Once again, hackintosh forum member ozbimmer has been the first to market with an iPhone hack for the geographically challenged among us. Using a TurboSIM device to run a very small program that mimics the SuperSIM method, you can now use your iPhone with any GSM SIM card. And it does not require SIM cloning, only some light computering and some mild care with a sharp cutting implement.

I'm not going to post the links, but find the hackintosh forums, look for TurboSIM, on to the Bladox website, and then to Votech, the Australian distributor of the TurboSIM.

Onwards and upwards (and sideways.)

Huzzah!

Disko
14th August 2007, 01:07 AM
http://users.on.net/~disko/worms.jpg

:D

nbetts
14th August 2007, 10:08 AM
I have already ordered my Turbo Sim :)

boning up on all the tutorials now :)

lenman74
14th August 2007, 10:21 AM
same, and iphone should arrive for me today

Quamen
14th August 2007, 10:46 AM
My wallet is now in trouble. My credit card is trying to break free. Once they get all the bugs sorted out. Cha Ching!

areal
14th August 2007, 10:57 AM
I'll hold out for a solution that doesn't require me to spend another 150 clams.

Linux_insidev2
14th August 2007, 11:05 AM
So this will allow V3 sim holders to use their sim in the iPhone?

Intriguing...

To buy an iPhone, or to buy an iMac....

chrissara
14th August 2007, 11:29 AM
Or oto spend one night with a classy lady at Kings Cross...choices, choices.

Just watch out for potential firmware upgrades to.

Linux_insidev2
14th August 2007, 11:51 AM
After looking at the details of it, there's no clear guide on doing it, they tell you to get a preloaded turbosim which does not even exist at the moment...

Needs a phone with the AT command set like a V3 RAZR, I threw away my V3 and don't have anything but my K800 at the moment that could do it, apparently sony ericcsons don't work

iMac
14th August 2007, 12:08 PM
F**K!

I just ordered a W880i to tide me over until either the iPhone was hacked to run in Aus or the AusSpec iPhone was released.

*kicks wall*

Dante Kyar
14th August 2007, 12:24 PM
if it hasnt arrived yet, you might still be able to cancel it. Something along the lines of a cooling off period i think..... maybe im just dreaming

Linux_insidev2
14th August 2007, 12:35 PM
if it hasnt arrived yet, you might still be able to cancel it. Something along the lines of a cooling off period i think..... maybe im just dreaming

You are correct, there is generally a cooling off period.

Edge
14th August 2007, 12:47 PM
You need a TurboSIM with the latest 1.2.7 kernel. You can load the applesaft.trb by connecting any phone that can simulate a COM port and allow AT commands, if I understand correctly.

Yes, firmware updates may change the order and frequency of the iPhone's request for the AT&T ki, but I'm willing to bet that will be hacked around.

Now my credit card done gone busted, too.

Linux_insidev2
14th August 2007, 12:59 PM
You need a TurboSIM with the latest 1.2.7 kernel. You can load the applesaft.trb by connecting any phone that can simulate a COM port and allow AT commands, if I understand correctly.

Yes, firmware updates may change the order and frequency of the iPhone's request for the AT&T ki, but I'm willing to bet that will be hacked around.

Now my credit card done gone busted, too.

So you bought one? ebay i presume?

I get my taxback soon and could afford one, but I think I might wait until a software crack comes out for it.

It's not that I couldn't do the Turbosim, but that you can be charged for sim cloning and possibly tampering.

nbetts
14th August 2007, 01:08 PM
Turbo sim is not cloning or tampering. thats the beauty of it. Your sim is intact. turbo Sim just ... sits there... between the phone and the Sim. So as you are not tampering with the sim i suspect that at this stage there is not a lot the Telco's could do about it. I am sure they may try to manipulate Terms and conditions regarding this though.

Linux_insidev2
14th August 2007, 01:19 PM
Yeah, true

How about the number handling though? it groups it via area code etc..

I want my iPhone to be perfect, might have to wait for someone to mod it and have a play before i commit my money toward it.

nbetts
14th August 2007, 01:22 PM
will hopefully be able to tell you tomorrow :)

Linux_insidev2
14th August 2007, 01:25 PM
will hopefully be able to tell you tomorrow :)

I'll book my flight ;)

nbetts
14th August 2007, 01:32 PM
Well i dont have a Razr.. and the tutorials use a Razr... but hopefully i can find something else. I have just been trying to install SSH ont he iphone but got stuck at 1 point and have not gone any further..

i am sure i will work through it

Edge
14th August 2007, 03:06 PM
A Nokia should be fine, according to pz in the long thread at Bladox...

Exocet
14th August 2007, 07:44 PM
Turbo sim is not cloning or tampering. thats the beauty of it. Your sim is intact. turbo Sim just ... sits there... between the phone and the Sim. So as you are not tampering with the sim i suspect that at this stage there is not a lot the Telco's could do about it. I am sure they may try to manipulate Terms and conditions regarding this though.
You're still not using a Carrier sim though, you're caddying a TurboSIM with a Carrier SIM. You're going from 'virtually' merging two sims, to a way which physically merges two sims.

I still would be careful. Fuck, for all you know they're now selling a way to phish your IMSI. Have fun when your IMSI is used to make calls overseas and you get hit with the roaming bill.

iMac
14th August 2007, 07:59 PM
RE above point:

I suggest you check out the following link http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2403

It details known virri from www.kiscan.net that are desinged for IMSI/IMEI phishing.

Just thought I should give you gus a heads up :)

Exocet
14th August 2007, 08:03 PM
To give you guys an idea of how important your IMSI is, your IMSI is like a credit card number. It is everything that is "YOU" when it comes to mobile networks. Protect it like your firstborn. This is why I'm very very skeptical about the above hacks.

iMac
14th August 2007, 08:21 PM
well said exocet

Edge
14th August 2007, 09:44 PM
Exocet, I realise it is your role to play devil's advocate in this situation and your information has been very useful. Skepticism is very useful, too, in this case.

The information on the carrier SIM is untouched (apart from a corner being physically cut out of it) when used with a Turbo SIM. So the subscriber account is used by the original SIM, not a clone, which was part of the problem with the Super SIM method. However, the physical tampering remains a fact, and this may still be considered as such according to your carrier's user agreement.

And the code for applesaft 0.92 is GPL and visible on a number of websites, so the phishing concern is moot.

On another note, someone in the hackintosh forum is reporting success with a Vodafone Aus (V2 or 3) SIM. (And no, I have neither an iPhone or a Turbo SIM at this stage, merely an acutely interested observer.)

Exocet
14th August 2007, 10:07 PM
Edge, trust me - I'm following this development like a hawk and very very interested in a working unlock. However, I'm not about to allow people to go forth and possibly get themselves screwed over by unwittingly posting their IMSI on the net, or having their contracts terminated over some silly quasi-hack. I'm trying to be the voice of reason, crying out above the excited hordes rushing to get their hands on an unlocked iPhone. My motives are pure, not cyncial :)

Edge
14th August 2007, 10:17 PM
Absolutely. All your information has been good.

nbetts
14th August 2007, 10:35 PM
votech Australia are now out of turbo sims :(

I am on back order... Bugger

MisterFnord
17th August 2007, 12:45 PM
Another unlocked iPhone this time here in Adelaide (just received the piccie from my friend who has been working on unlocking it for the past week).

Works for incoming and outgoing calls , SMS, and GPRS.

Permission is required from your carrier.

http://www.chataway.net.au/media/iphone_unlocked_axiom.jpg

jamesatfish
17th August 2007, 01:54 PM
http://www.chataway.net.au/media/iphone_unlocked_axiom.jpg[/IMG]

Any more info on how they performed the unlock, if not through one of the SIM modification methods?

Not that I'm doubting that the unlock has occurred, as I know how hard people are working on the process, but just for reference that screenshot can be duplicated using a standard locked iPhone with an activated AT&T SIM on global roaming.

I'd certainly love to hear more information on the unlock method if they managed to get the phone working on the Telstra network without hacking / modifying a SIM card!

TheKeddi
17th August 2007, 02:44 PM
I would be interested if they could do that hack Misterfnord!

I would love an iphone but I'm not a hacker and wouldn't want to brick such a nice piece of hardware!

Edge
17th August 2007, 04:12 PM
If the hack only works on Optus and Tesltra, then it is probably not a conincidence that they are the only two telcos to have issued V1 SIM cards (the ones that can be cracked/cloned for the SuperSIM method.)

If this was truly a new hack, they would be shouting it from the rooftops. If it is just the SuperSIM method, they want to be very, very careful about trying to profit from it.

P.S. On another note, who has recieved a TurboSIM, and when did you order it from Votech?

spider-man
19th August 2007, 01:53 PM
Ive ordered 2 Tsims from Votech on the 15th. Still waiting for delivery, i dont think ill see it for a while as it is on back order.

Regards, Spidey

nbetts
19th August 2007, 03:15 PM
same here. who knows when they will arrive :(

gaehl
19th August 2007, 07:33 PM
Another unlocked iPhone this time here in Adelaide (just received the piccie from my friend who has been working on unlocking it for the past week).

Apparently not using the turboSIM method (altho they can do that if needed). Works for Telstra, Optus, incoming and outgoing calls and SMS.

Time for me too order one now!

http://www.chataway.net.au/media/iphone_unlocked_axiom.jpg

MisterFnord or anybody else with a iPhone (preferably unlocked) in Adelaide I would love a look (would bye beer/coffee for your trouble.

mechcon
19th August 2007, 07:43 PM
:O mmmmm is that shop still at the basement of that same building with the suit hire on grenfell?

MisterFnord
19th August 2007, 07:55 PM
Yep, that's them, ask for Jason, if they still have the iPhone (they were unlocking it for a client) - they'd be more than willing to help you out, and/or answer any questions about how they achieved it.

silverdreamer
19th August 2007, 07:56 PM
Linux_insidev2

In my opinion you would be better of spending your money on n iMac at this stage. I think purchasing an iphone and trusting in some half arsed solution to get it working is ill advised.

You purchase apple products because they work, in Australia (at least in the short term), the iphone doesn't work, and even with hacking will not work to it's full potential, so lets wait till it does, and we can all just go out, buy one and enjoy the experience of a greatly improved product designed for our market.

MisterFnord
19th August 2007, 08:07 PM
I realise that, and i do agree in general, but as always, people want something before it is released locally. It's the well recorded 'wow factor'.

For me, i'm still tossing up whether i can justify the cost now to have a new 'gadget' - i've always been a fan of gadgets and stuff like this at 'the bleeding edge' in general - when i've already got a perfectly functional Nokia which does all my phone/PDA tasks, etc.

They may not want an iMac - It's also the status of the item, i have several 'non Mac' friends who usually diss me and Macs in general, but they have fallen head over heels in love with the iPhone and are looking at getting one, pronto, as they cannot wait for it to be released locally.

The main reason i posted it, as Jason's a friend and i thought the fact someone locally had the iPhone unlocked and functioning was impressive (you got to remember, not much exciting happens in sleepy 'ol Adelaide!)

Ciao

-Andrew

inux_insidev2

In my opinion you would be better of spending your money on n iMac at this stage. I think purchasing an iphone and trusting in some half arsed solution to get it working is ill advised.

You purchase apple products because they work, in Australia (at least in the short term), the iphone doesn't work, and even with hacking will not work to it's full potential, so lets wait till it does, and we can all just go out, buy one and enjoy the experience of a greatly improved product designed for our market.

skip
19th August 2007, 08:12 PM
I might pop into the store in the next day or two ;)

natakim
19th August 2007, 08:17 PM
Linux_insidev2

of course xbmc is/was a hack, also happens that this hack is what enabled the xbox's possibilities to be truly realized. i'm thinking the hacks on the apple tv thingy are going in the same direction, ie giving people the ability to watch content on many forms/codecs that the native system won't allow. rather than assuming these hacks are half measures, perhaps one should look at them as a way of opening up the inherent possibilities of the hardware. cause form what i've read here, telstra ain't doing no one any favors.

applecollector
19th August 2007, 08:21 PM
Look at the email i just got.
Now i know this is a bit off topic

Hi,

You contacted me a little while ago about purchasing an iPhone on eBay. Just letting you know I have a few more for sale. They're still locked to AT&T, but there's a few interesting developments that might make it more appealing in the mean-time.

- The fake activation method has been improved to use the iPhone's real IMEI and IMSI information
- There's a method to unlock it for Cingular and non-iPhone AT&T SIMs now
- Youtube can be unlocked if you track down some authenticated AT&T files to put on the phone
- A readily available solution called "SuperSIM" can be obtained for around $100, which will let you unlock the iPhone for a V1 SIM (the type that stores 50 contacts only, older SIM cards in Australia were made this way)

Most importantly, however, there is now a method to reliably unlock it for all carriers - though it costs a bit. It's called "TurboSIM", and it basically works as a piece of plastic you put between the SIM and iPhone SIM card tray. I've read reports of people all around the world having success with this method, including a Vodafone NZ member. I'm currently looking at tracking these down, but the manufacturer is very low on stock at the moment. As soon as I can get hold of some of these cards, though, I could program it and provide a working TurboSIM for you for $200 (unfortunately they seem to cost a lot!)

For now, though. I'd be able to sell you an iPhone 8gb fully activated with Youtube support and the correct activation data for $1150 if you go through eBay\Paypal, or $1100 through me directly. I'm in Pymble if you need to pick it up. It works with all functionality (iPod, calendar, web browsing over wifi, etc) except calls and SMS. But now would be a good time to get one, as we're on the verge of a (free) software-based unlock method, and there's now a reliable hardware unlock method with the TurboSIM.

Let me know via phone or email if you're interested.
Oliver
Email: suitcase@****************.com
Mob: 0405 *** ***

Trash
20th August 2007, 08:11 AM
very interesting email.

I visited a couple of dodgy Chinese phone stores in Sydney and asked them about Turbo Sim etc. They said they are getting some from Hong Kong and will hopefully be offering iPhone users a service to unlock your iPhones etc.

peteryan7hao
20th August 2007, 08:16 AM
very interesting email.

I visited a couple of dodgy Chinese phone stores in Sydney and asked them about Turbo Sim etc. They said they are getting some from Hong Kong and will hopefully be offering iPhone users a service to unlock your iPhones etc.

I visited some dodgy australian phone stores too, surprisingly they have no idea about the device .

lenman74
20th August 2007, 09:03 AM
Anyone know whether either method requires "silvercards"?

Trash
20th August 2007, 02:45 PM
There is only 2 methods.

Silvercard & Turbo Sim.

Silver cards are a little fidly to do and requires hardware to write a sim clone. Turbo Sim requires minimal programming and hardware and can be used on any network. Downside is Silvercards are easy to buy, Turbo Sims are out of stock and almost impossible to get.

titan44
20th August 2007, 03:16 PM
Guys can I can clarificaton on this,
To my understanding it's only Telstra that has EDGE networks, but i've been seeing posts that iPhones on Vodaphone networks have data acess woring as well, Is ths right or have i got this all wrong.

mac_man_luke
20th August 2007, 03:24 PM
they would be using GPRS instead of edge which means slower data

titan44
20th August 2007, 03:33 PM
they would be using GPRS instead of edge which means slower data

So one could still surf the net, check email e.t.c via the mobile data network on GRPS?
( and not get the annoying Cannot connect to EDGE dialog? )
Sorry, I'm not really up with mobile tech.
( my iPhone is my first real mobile phone )

lenman74
20th August 2007, 03:40 PM
anyone in sydney got the proper reader/writer for the silvercards. I have excess cards to my needs. We could work together......PM me

Also I think a company called SATCOM said they would have the Turbo Sim modules in about 2 weeks.

There is only 2 methods.

Silvercard & Turbo Sim.

Silver cards are a little fidly to do and requires hardware to write a sim clone. Turbo Sim requires minimal programming and hardware and can be used on any network. Downside is Silvercards are easy to buy, Turbo Sims are out of stock and almost impossible to get.

Trash
20th August 2007, 04:11 PM
I thought only one other company is selling the Turbo Sims Voitech?

Trash
20th August 2007, 04:15 PM
I rang around today some phone repair places in Sydney and a couple had the Silvercard method hardware on order. They said call back next week and they should have this all set up

gaehl
20th August 2007, 06:06 PM
Ok so we can send receive calls and SMS and use GPRS data. I'm gathering voicemail doesn't work anything else, is there anyway to check voicemail without visual voice mail?

I'm very tempted to buy one at the moment (hell the wife is even thinking about one herself and she doesn't even like phones.

PS: Does EDGE work on any carrier here yet?

Trash
20th August 2007, 06:19 PM
Ok so we can send receive calls and SMS and use GPRS data. I'm gathering voicemail doesn't work anything else, is there anyway to check voicemail without visual voice mail?

I'm very tempted to buy one at the moment (hell the wife is even thinking about one herself and she doesn't even like phones.

Visual Voicemail doesnt work outside of AT&T.

Yes if you use Turbo Sim you can use any carrier in Australia. If you use Super Sim then you are limited to V1 Sim Cards so 5 year old Vodafone & Telstra Pre Paid. For voicemail you would just use 121 or 123 etc to retrieve.

Yes good idea to buy one now before a software unlock is released as there will be a rush on iPhone's worldwide. I have a few contacts selling them in Sydney and Melbourne at the moment, so pm me.

gaehl
20th August 2007, 06:28 PM
Visual Voicemail doesnt work outside of AT&T.

Yes if you use Turbo Sim you can use any carrier in Australia. If you use Super Sim then you are limited to V1 Sim Cards so 5 year old Vodafone & Telstra Pre Paid. For voicemail you would just use 121 or 123 etc to retrieve.

Yes good idea to buy one now before a software unlock is released as there will be a rush on iPhone's worldwide. I have a few contacts selling them in Sydney and Melbourne at the moment, so pm me.

I have a friend who is currently working in the USA so if I want one at retail + plus shipping + a beer when he gets back I'm set just got to figure out If I want one.

Exocet
20th August 2007, 06:39 PM

Yes, Telstra has EDGE support on all of their GSM towers. I'm not aware of EDGE support with other carriers, but check with your provider - they may be offering it in select areas.

gaehl
20th August 2007, 06:44 PM
Yes, Telstra has EDGE support on all of their GSM towers. I'm not aware of EDGE support with other carriers, but check with your provider - they may be offering it in select areas.

I know Telstra Has EDGE don't know about the other but would a Unlocked iPhone be able to use Telstra EDGE?

(Then again getting me to switch to telstra would be very hard)

Trash
20th August 2007, 06:56 PM
Yes you can use Edge with an unlocked iPhone on Telstra. The other networks would use GPRS which was stated earlier. Best place to visit to read up on all this is http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123

Loads of info answered about this and daily updates from users on activation and progress.

The only thing at the moment slowing people down is no stock of Turbo Sim's. If anyone can get these they are priceless at the moment.

Edge
21st August 2007, 11:51 PM
Latest update from Votech on the status of local TurboSIMs can be found on their Turbo SIM Update (http://www.votech.com.au/bladox_updates.htm) page. It states;

21st August
Can we please ask everyone to have just a little more patience? No, seriously. Bladox is doing their best to fulfil the hundreds of orders they received before closing their eShop and we can not do anything to get them to you sooner. We understand your frustration. You want it now; we get it! Emailing and calling us wont get the stock here any sooner. We will update this page with any news please check here instead.

OK the good news is: we have an email from Bladox to say that our standing order with Bladox, that we boosted to try and meet this sudden demand, is ready for express shipping today.

The bad news is: we will not get as many units as we requested Bladox simply havent got the raw materials to make the specialised PCBs.

So you are waiting for Votech; we are waiting for Bladox; and Bladox are waiting for their suppliers. If we could get them to you sooner we would.

Unfortunately, this means not everyone that has pre-ordered Turbo SIMs from us will get theirs in the first shipment. Like we said, it will be first ordered, first processed. Before you email us to check if you will be in the first shipment we will contact everyone that has ordered as we figure it out and let them know if they will be in the first or second order. Please dont email us this question we are doing the best we can.

As for the emails trying to bribe us into sending them sooner please dont waste your time we will not ship them any sooner and delete such emails.

As soon as we receive any further news, we will post it here.

Thank you.

If anyone receives an email from them, would you mind posting here? Cheers.

titan44
22nd August 2007, 07:30 AM
We may not need the Turbo Sims after all
Have a look at Geohot's Vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvJ1RGlxe8Q

Trash
22nd August 2007, 07:59 AM
Saw that this morning and within a week its rumored a software unlock will be released as well.

lenman74
22nd August 2007, 08:46 AM
We may not need the Turbo Sims after all
Have a look at Geohot's Vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvJ1RGlxe8Q

Cant watch this at work....

Anyone care to post a summary of what he is saying?

titan44
22nd August 2007, 09:00 AM
Basically, full hardware hack, with a software fix in a week ( hopefully )

toholio
22nd August 2007, 09:10 AM
Cant watch this at work....

Anyone care to post a summary of what he is saying?

He's demonstrating a hardware unlock that doesn't require any additional hardware. He finishes by saying that the instructions will be released in a week and by then they will hopefully have a software unlock.

My guess is that they have worked out how to use JTAG with the radio to change the needed bits of firmware but can't yet modify the firmware through software.

lenman74
22nd August 2007, 11:59 AM
Well that would be great.

The sim cloning method is pretty tricky and completely criminal. 2 years gaol for every time you extract information from a SIM.

Can anyone tell me why this would be a crime. Who is hurt by this?

Linux_insidev2
22nd August 2007, 12:07 PM
Well that would be great.

The sim cloning method is pretty tricky and completely criminal. 2 years gaol for every time you extract information from a SIM.

Can anyone tell me why this would be a crime. Who is hurt by this?

This is because extracting the information means you could potentially steal someones identity and use your phone to make calls that will be billed to them.

lavo
22nd August 2007, 12:34 PM
iPhone unlock (http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/)

Here is the guy's blog that did the video.

lenman74
22nd August 2007, 01:24 PM
"The current method involves taking apart your phone and doing some complicated soldering, with a high probablity of a bricked phone."

Eek, ill wait for their software only unlock which hopefully will be posted in a week.

nbetts
31st August 2007, 10:42 AM
bit of a stretch here.

My Turbo sim just arrived. Is anyone available to come to Hawthorn to help me do this today? :) You will be well compensated.

Quamen
31st August 2007, 11:04 AM
bit of a stretch here.

My Turbo sim just arrived. Is anyone available to come to Hawthorn to help me do this today? :) You will be well compensated.

Can't help today. Got things to do.

I just tried to order myself one of those. Not available anymore. The eBay prices are looking pretty scary for them. So I hope bladox get their supply issues in order soon...

nbetts
31st August 2007, 11:12 AM
Quamen just go in the queue at votech. I think they are starting to get decent supplies again.

The ebay prices are nuts! i knew i should have ordered a few.

Edge
31st August 2007, 12:43 PM
My Turbo sim just arrived.
When did you order?

Quamen
31st August 2007, 01:23 PM
Quamen just go in the queue at votech. I think they are starting to get decent supplies again.

Done and done :)

nbetts
31st August 2007, 01:51 PM
When did you order?

I ordered about 2 weeks ago i think. It was just beofre the news went wild about them.

But i got an email the other day saying stocks had started flowing back in.

Linux_insidev2
31st August 2007, 02:05 PM
Hmph votech are not currently taking any orders.

Edge
31st August 2007, 02:27 PM
I ordered about 2 weeks ago i think. It was just beofre the news went wild about them.

But i got an email the other day saying stocks had started flowing back in.

I meant exactly. I ordered one (on the 14th I think) before success was reported by ozbimmer. Am expecting it today, but have seen nothing from them.

nbetts
31st August 2007, 02:38 PM
I ordered mine on the 14th. It was that night i got the email to advise of delays but was also told i was in the first shipment order.

They had problems with customs at votech.

Edge
31st August 2007, 07:12 PM
I just checked and I ordered mine on the night of the 13th. It hasn't arrived and I'm not f*cking happy.

spider-man
1st September 2007, 01:15 AM
Ive ordered 2 Tsims from Votech on the 15th. Still waiting for delivery, i dont think ill see it for a while as it is on back order.

Regards, Spidey

Yeah!! it arrived today and im very happy with the product. a big thanks to the team at Votech for their great customer service. its kinda weird quoting myself, but its all good

regards, spidey

Andrew T Chadwick
1st September 2007, 01:56 AM
I cant afford the risk of a nice looking brick so i'll wait until the iphone is released in Australia,then i wil bin my HTC Touch.

spider-man
1st September 2007, 07:23 AM
I cant afford the risk of a nice looking brick so i'll wait until the iphone is released in Australia,then i wil bin my HTC Touch.

I attempted the hardware hack, but when i opened the back of it, that S$#T was almost microscopic. Do not attempt this method unless you have a magnify glass handy. This method can brick your iPhone, but the turbosim wont.

regards, spidey