PDA

View Full Version : SE W880i Opinions.

iMac
11th August 2007, 11:42 PM
Looking at getting one of these (unbranded, of course) to replace my POS Dopod.

Really I'm just after people's opinions on what they are like to use and other useful info.

Alec Fraser
11th August 2007, 11:53 PM
I tried one out for a bit, but couldn't stand the buttons...they're too small and a pain in the arse to text with.

kingkangkong
12th August 2007, 12:02 AM
form factor is great.

but the screen is too tiny for me.

i have bad eyes!

halledise
12th August 2007, 04:16 AM
Sony Ericsson w880i - I've had one for 2 months now and love it.
(got the black/red one)

I got used to the buttons quite quickly & texting is find easy with right hand - (& I'm left handed)

screen is clear and crisp - 1gb memory card thrown in is great - sound from speaker/ear phones is top notch as you'd expect from Sony; software is fast & responsive.
inbuilt themes give one the contrast and readability required.

Syncing with Mac a breeze with the patch available from:
http://www.davidforster.com/2007/02/26/w880_isync_plugin/

form factor is right up there - slips almost unnoticeably into the jeans or jacket pocket.

all in all the best phone I've owned - and that's after years of being a Moto fan.
(It leaves my wife's Noka 6300 for dead - mind you that's a personal preference thing.)

mine came with the clear plastic cover-all which I highly recommend as it keps the phone in pristine condition without adding noticeably to the bulk.
(can always replace the cover when it scratches up for around $5)

hope this helps

Goodbye
12th August 2007, 08:36 AM
I have had one for a few months now and love it - best phone I've had. Screen is top notch - the resolution is great. Once you get used to the buttons they're a breeze to use. I don't have any difficulty.

The best thing I like about it is the size - you don't even know you're carrying it.

Agree with everything Halledise said above!

Fantastic phone.

DJY
12th August 2007, 09:48 AM
Love the look / form...
and a friend has one and is very happy.

I'm also tempted to buy one to hold me over until we get iPhone.
My current W810i I find the volume settings - or ringtones, speakerphone, but especially just normal calls way too quiet...
Apparently w880 has better volume levels - oh and looks great!

If only iPhone was here before Christmas like Europe... sigh.