PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Reader 8 + Scrolling?

Aa
10th August 2007, 09:07 AM
Hi kids, Anyone using the latest update of Adobe Reader8 and their scrollwheel for scrolling?

i can't seem to find a preference that makes mine work. i'm sure it used to in Version 7.
please don't tell me to use preview, there are reasons i need Acrobat. And this release seems much better than previous ones.

Heres a test PDF (http://www.compnow.com.au/images/assets/index/compnow-july-sale-list.pdf) in anyone wants to try. If you're successful maybe post me a screenshot of the preference that make it happen...

captain fantasy
10th August 2007, 09:19 AM
I have Acrobat 7 and the scrolling works with my Logitech wireless mouse, but what I've just found out that by pressing the scroll button down the magnification increases - something I didn't know, so you live and learn.
Unfortunately can't help with Reader 8.
CF

Aa
10th August 2007, 09:21 AM
yep, cheers. there are options for that in 8 also, but still no scroll can I find. This is sending insane!

mwot
10th August 2007, 09:26 AM
as part of a recent, large security patch (blimmin' thing took 3hrs to install ... that's a lot of coffee!) to our WinXP machines at work we now have Reader 8. i find it a bit ungainly ... (where's my 'rotate' option?) ... but i'm probably not used to it.

to answer your question, yes, the scrollball on my MM works just fine in v.7.

captain fantasy
10th August 2007, 09:45 AM
Just got onto the Adobe Forum for Acrobat and boy has it opened up a can of worms!
It would appear that Adobe have disabled the mouse scrolling feature.

CF

leon
5th November 2007, 04:06 PM
Digging up an old thread, I have noticed that Acrobat Professional 8.1.1 has had scrolling enabled again.