PDA

View Full Version : MAMP stopped working - help!

visional_studios
1st August 2007, 09:52 PM
Hello,

So I'm working on a CMS site im developing for a client. Now I'm not a programmer, I'm a designer / multimedia guy, however I know my way around a certain CMS quite well and can hack it up and design for it. I say this because I don't really know much about mySQL and database servers, apache and that technical bullshit.

So here is what happened, I've got MAMP running the site locally, I'm knobbing with CSS to make a custom template for this CMS, browsing through a few pages, hit a page link but nothing happens, "waiting for localhost" in status bar, realising that shouldnt happen and never has, something must be wrong, I look at the MAMP app, the servers have stopped running, so I quit and restart, it wont open back up "unexepectedly quits" on restart.

So I restart my box, fire it up, seems to work, but then dies about a minute after being open, quit it, but then it wont reopen like before.

Cut to the chase: What the fuck has happened?

Does anyone else out there use MAMP frequently and have had a similar problem??

visional_studios
1st August 2007, 10:16 PM
Well I found the issue:

<?php include (WB_URL."/pages/right-column.php"); ?>

that line of code completely screws it up for some reason. Interesting though, after MAMP screws up, the terminal no longer works, and pretty much only Safari will open on my mac, barely anything else on my computer works. From one simple line of code!

benzoenator
2nd August 2007, 04:39 PM
Well I found the issue:

<?php include (WB_URL."/pages/right-column.php"); ?>

that line of code completely screws it up for some reason. Interesting though, after MAMP screws up, the terminal no longer works, and pretty much only Safari will open on my mac, barely anything else on my computer works. From one simple line of code!

Doubt that'd be causing any problems - it's only a PHP include, even if it was formatted wrong (which I don't think it is), it'd just throw up an error; wouldn't screw the entire program up.

Is it possible to re-install MAMP? Could probably nip whatever is causing the problem in the bud.