PDA

View Full Version : Configure Network to report Kb instead of KB

hhollick
1st August 2007, 06:05 AM
I switched to the Mac a few days ago and love the iStatsMenu program.

I am wondering if it is possible to configure the network traffic monitor to show kb (or Mb) instead of kB. (bits verses bytes). The reason I ask is because my ISP offers service in terms of Mb and it will be easier to see if I am pegging download speeds or not.

Also is it possible to show both the ethernet and airport monitor on the menu bar?

Many thanks for a great program.
Heather

iSlayer
1st August 2007, 08:29 PM
No and no. We will be adding lots of things in future versions so we will keep them in mind :)

CatHerder
11th August 2007, 04:36 AM
I am wondering if it is possible to configure the network traffic monitor to show kb (or Mb) instead of kB. (bits verses bytes). The reason I ask is because my ISP offers service in terms of Mb and it will be easier to see if I am pegging download speeds or not.

Let me strongly second this request! For those of us who live and breath in the networking field, we ALLWAYS think in bits per second, not Bytes. I find myself mentally converting all the time, and frankly computers are much better at quick math than I am.

In fact, it was the hope for this one feature that lured me into trying this as a replacement for MenuMeters :-)

Thanks!

rjch
30th August 2007, 09:42 PM
Not exactly on topic i'm afraid, but just a bit of praise and thanks. On the Network menubar you have a Bandwidth counter with in Mb and out Mb over the session (I assume). This is just what I wanted to monitor how much i have left on my plan. MenuMeters has nothing like it, and is lacking in its other functions. I've happily ditched it.

Thank you for iStats. It is a fine bit of work you should be proud.

CatHerder
5th September 2007, 07:21 AM
Let me strongly second this request! For those of us who live and breath in the networking field, we ALLWAYS think in bits per second, not Bytes. I find myself mentally converting all the time, and frankly computers are much better at quick math than I am.

Any chance this might make its way onto the 1.2 to-do list? Would donating help??? :D

iSlayer
5th September 2007, 08:15 AM
Any chance this might make its way onto the 1.2 to-do list?

It might. We havent worked out the change list for 1.2 yet so ill let you know once we have.

iSlayer
18th September 2007, 12:24 AM
Any chance this might make its way onto the 1.2 to-do list?

It is officially on the list for 1.2 now :)

CatHerder
20th October 2007, 05:11 AM
It is officially on the list for 1.2 now :)

Thanks! :)

iSlayer
20th October 2007, 10:46 AM
no prob. We are expecting to release a beta version of 1.2 in the next week or 10 days so check back here then if you want to try it out